Creative Care Companions for Older Adults with Dementia
RENEWAL MEMORY PARTNERS: Experience and passion for helping others are key to our Care Partners' success.
We're looking for engaging care partners to join our team serving clients living with dementia in Chicago, Evanston, and North and Northwestern suburbs. As a care partner, your days will be filled with meaningful moments and experiences, as you engage the mind, body, and spirit of those in your care. From accompanying clients on walks and other activities to assisting with practical tasks, your presence will make all the difference. Ideally, you would be creative, college-educated, have your own transportation, and the flexibility to work shifts ranging from 4 to 12 hours in length. Pay rates range from $17.50 to $22.50 based on your background and experience. If you're ready to make a difference in the lives of others and start immediately, we want to hear from you!
Come join our growing community of Care Partners who share this common purpose! At Renewal Memory Partners, we are dedicated to providing holistic, person-centered care to people living with Alzheimer’s and related dementias. Our organization is also committed to providing affirming care to the LGBTQ community.
For all Care Partners of Renewal Memory Partners, we are proud to offer:
- Community: We understand that caring for older adults can be isolating at times, and we strive to build community among Care Partners through ongoing support groups, dynamic trainings, and virtual meet-ups.
- Professional Development: Through the Renewal Memory Institute, you will have access to best-in-class trainings offered by a multidisciplinary team of experts. You may also have the opportunity to engage in cutting-edge research studies through our partnerships with university and hospital-based teams.
- Competitive Compensation: At Renewal Memory Partners, we strive to offer top starting pay, plus a wide range of benefits.
- A Person-Centered Approach that Honors You: We celebrate both our clients and our Care Partners as diverse individuals, and actively learn about their hobbies, backgrounds, and interests. We thoughtfully match clients and Care Partners who can build genuine, authentic connections.
- Providing proactive companionship to older adults and people with chronic health conditions in their homes (e.g., discussing current events, creating artwork, reviewing photo albums).
- Planning activities outside the home and accompanying clients to keep them engaged with the world (e.g., trips to museums, concerts, plays, or the park).
- Escorting clients to doctors’ appointments.
- Running errands for clients (e.g., grocery shopping, sundries).
- Reminding clients to take their medications.
- Doing light exercise with clients (e.g., helping with stretching routine).
- Assisting clients in preparing meals.
- Performing light housekeeping, such as dusting, tidying, and laundry.
We welcome candidates with diverse backgrounds including the creative arts and healthcare fields. Our employment is selective. Strong candidates possess:
- A passion for caring for individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias. Prior experience working with this population is valued, but not required.
- An accredited high school diploma, though we prefer candidates with college degrees or those currently attending colleges or graduate schools.
- Deep empathy and patience.
- Flexibility, reliability, and responsiveness.
- Creativity and a positive, open-hearted approach.
- Strong composure under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build trust-based relationships with clients and their families.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- $300 Referral Bonus for Care Partners and Clients
- Daily Pay – We understand your need
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Trainings
- Care Partner of the Month Awards – We celebrate you!
- 401(k) for Senior Care Partners
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 24/7 Client Services Support
- 24/7 RN Support
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $17.50 - $22.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance