COVID Safety Officer
COVID Safety Officer
The COVID Safety Officer is a key position on the General Management team. This position coordinates and oversees implementation of all COVID related efforts within Steppenwolf Theatre Company and continues to develop them as research dictates. The COVID Safety Officer will work in collaboration with all Departments to keep the safety of all employees a top priority. Additionally, this position will schedule and oversee COVID Safety Managers assigned to all productions, as required by affiliated unions.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Work with the People and Culture and General Management teams to create onboarding packets for employees and those working on a per show basis, detailing and updating standard COVID related procedures as needed.
- Coordinate COVID Training Sessions.
- Work with Production and Department Heads to develop standard COVID procedures and ensure that all departments are following guidelines.
- Stay informed regarding COVID practices amongst the theatre sector, as well as city/state recommendations, and medical experts to make sure protocols are up to date
- In collaboration with General Management team and Production, oversee the implementation of COVID screening and testing of employees, actors, creatives, and select personnel
- Manage and track safety expenses and maintain up-to-date records of staff safety training and certification.
- Schedule and oversee COVID Safety Managers for productions, workshops, readings and education programs.
Successful candidates will have:
- Current knowledge of COVID protocols for the performing arts sector
- Knowledge of or experience working in a theatre or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with AEA, LORT, or SAG COVID protocols or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience advocating for and activating inclusion, diversity, equity, and access in their professional and personal lives.
- A deep commitment to working with diverse groups in terms of gender expression, race, sexual orientation, religion, ability, age, class, and immigrant status.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational/project management skills and attention to detail.
- Proactive attitude and approach to all responsibilities under their purview
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to quickly adapt to the needs of the organization and employees, as protocols change.
This is a contract position, available immediately, anticipated initial contract term present – June 2022 with the possibility of an extension. Rate of compensation $4,000 - $4,200/month.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references by following this link by 10/10. https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=13775&clientkey=FFA63F8D7510DAA0AAC6BCEC71DBE021