COVID-19 Safety Officer
The Aurora Civic Center Authority (ACCA), an innovative organization located on Stolp Island in the Fox River in the heart of the richly diverse community of historic Aurora, Illinois (one hour from downtown Chicago), is seeking COVID-19 Safety Officers. ACCA is the parent organization, which also includes a 501(c)3 arm under the name of Paramount Arts Centre, Inc. It operates three performance venues: the 6,000-person RiverEdge Park, the 1,843-seat landmark Paramount Theatre, and the 165-seat Copley Theatre. ACCA produces and presents over 300 performances each year, including star-studded touring productions and a self-produced Broadway Series of musicals for an annual audience of 350,000 patrons from over 250 communities. ACCA proudly operates the Paramount School of the Arts in the new John C. Dunham Aurora Arts Center, right next door to Paramount Theatre in downtown Aurora, and the company looks forward to producing a new, Bold Series of plays and musicals in the newly renovated Copley Theatre beginning in the 2021-2022 season. Paramount Theatre also hosts free community events, $1 Classic Movie Mondays and its opulent interiors provide a spectacular backdrop for private functions such as wedding receptions or corporate galas. Across the street from Paramount Theatre are the gorgeous Meyer Ballrooms, which play host to multiple wedding receptions and rental events throughout the year.
The Aurora Civic Center Authority is committed to being a defining catalyst for personal and community transformation by:
- making the performing arts accessible for every age and socioeconomic background,
- introducing the magic of live theater across generations to encourage expansive imaginations and broad views of people and the world,
- and contributing to the future stability and growth of Aurora's downtown.
The highest purpose of any theater is to inspire its community toward a more perfect humanity. Such humanity can exist only when every member of the community is included and valued, empowered and heard. To express this truth, ACCA commits its leaders, volunteers, artists and staff to the active, continual and accountable pursuit of the following principles: equity, inclusion and diversity.
ACCA truly believes and lives by its mission statement and its commitment to equity, social justice and inclusion.
DEPARTMENT – Human Resources
DIRECT REPORTING – Human Resources & Risk Management Manager & taking direction from Production Management
WORKS CLOSELY WITH – Production and HR/Risk Management Departments
POSITION STATUS & SCHEDULE – Part-time, hourly; hours vary and include evenings and weekends; rehearsal and performance schedule will be available during interview process
COMPENSATION – $16 per hour
HIRE DATE – Immediate
POSITION SUMMARY – The COVID-19 Safety Officers (CSOs) will ensure that COVID-19 safety requirements as defined by Aurora Center Authority (ACCA) and Actors’ Equity Association (AEA) are implemented throughout the rehearsal and performance periods. CSOs will receive training and work with Production Management and the HR/Risk Manager to enhance and implement COVID-19 safety protocols that align with requirements from ACCA and AEA. The CSOs will serve as primary point persons to address COVID-19 safety questions and concerns with relevant production personnel including cast, crew, musicians and production team members.
• Complete COVID-19 compliance safety training.
• Communicate, oversee, monitor and enforce procedures for COVID-19 safety practices, symptom monitoring, protocols following a positive test, cleaning and sanitization, ventilation, press events, case reporting, and contact tracing throughout rehearsal and performance periods.
• Conduct COVID-19 safety orientations and training with relevant production personnel.
• Serve as primary contact to receive and respond to COVID-19 safety and compliance concerns.
• Exercise autonomy and authority to address COVID-19 safety and compliance concerns within the bounds of established protocols.
• If unable to resolve a compliance concern or if there are continuing or serious compliance concerns, work closely with Production Management and HR/Risk Manager to address and rectify such issues.
• Conduct COVID-19 safety assessments and evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk.
• Establish a plan to communicate regularly with Production Management and HR/Risk Manager about COVID-19 safety and make recommendations for adjustments to COVID safety protocols as needed.
• Provide reports to Production Management and HR/Risk Manager regarding concerns, violations, and compliance issues.
In addition to the duties listed above, ACCA expects the following of each employee: adheres to ACCA’s policies and procedures; works in a safe manner; performs duties as workload necessitates; maintains a positive and respectful attitude; communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues; demonstrates efficient time management and prioritizes workload; demonstrates regular and consistent attendance and punctuality; meets productivity standards; participates in ACCA events as needed or required; and completes other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
• Must have or receive ACCA-approved COVID-19 compliance safety training
• Adaptability to varying work environments and new responsibilities
• Strong, proactive work ethic
• Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information
• Ability to work well in a team environment with many different personalities
• Robust oral and written communication skills
• Comfortable speaking to and instructing groups of colleagues
• Proven organizational skills including logistics, time management and scheduling
• Must be a “people person” who can manage with confidence, enforce policies and procedures, and operate with authority when needed
• Creative problem solver
Due to frequent and necessary interaction with members of the general public, performers, fellow employees and other individuals, successful candidates for employment are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 before they begin work and will be required to provide proof of vaccination. “Fully vaccinated” as defined by the CDC means that at least 14 days have passed following receipt of the final dose of an FDA authorized Covid-19 vaccine.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume using the online job application at https://paramountaurora.com/op...
Or mail/drop off to: Aurora Civic Center Authority, ATTN: Margie Isaacson, 8 East Galena Blvd., Suite 230, Aurora, IL 60506
ACCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, marital or familial status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ACCA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and others who are eager to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.