Governors State University’s Theatre and Performance Studies program is seeking a Costume Designer for its upcoming fall production of Qui Nguyen’s She Kills Monsters.
General Show Information:
• Auditions will occur on September 25th –27th with rehearsals starting on September 29th.
• All rehearsals will occur on the Governors State campus located in Chicago’s south suburbs.
• Performance dates: November 2nd – 5th with morning performances on November 1st and 2nd.
• More about the show
Costume Designer Responsibilities:
• Design costumes for She Kills Monsters
• Build or source costume pieces per the design
• Collaboratively work with the production team
• Keep impeccable financial paperwork and receipts
• Coordinate a fitting schedule with production staff
• Adhere to the production deadlines
• Manage costume inventory during the production
• Work professionally with student costume crew members
• Prepare and update costume paperwork
• Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
Duties in collaboration with the Production Manager
• Create and implement a fitting schedule
• Share documentation for archival records
• Submit production financial records and receipts
• Proven Costume Design experience
• Ability to travel to the Governors State campus
• Ability to attend all production meetings, fittings, and tech.
• Able to carry out all duties in a timely manner, with a positive attitude
• Good time management and budgetary skills
The salary for this position is $1,100.00.
If interested, send a resume, cover letter, and two references to the Production Manager, Staci Corum, at email@example.com