The main responsibility of the Company Manager (CM) for Deeply Rooted Dance Theater is to provide support to the Artistic and Management teams on artistic projects. This includes arranging paperwork and administrative tasks between the company and any talent contracted for projects during the company’s annual season.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintain Company Artistic Roster
● Work with the Artistic Team to maintain the Seasonal Roster confirming
dancers, guest artists and production team for the annual season
● Confirm availability for all roster personnel: dancers, guest artists and production team
● Draft roster agreements for all season personnel
● Schedule and lead the weekly area call(s)
● Schedule conference calls with artistic and production personnel as needed
● Serve as point of contact for all roster personnel
● Maintain pertinent project information created in conjunction with staff (i.e. performance contracts, sponsor contact information, performance venue
information, rehearsal schedule and travel itineraries)
3. Project Management
● Travel Matrix
○ Prepare the project travel matrix
○ Travel accommodations
○ Work with office staff to determine dancer travel requirements
○ Correspond with dancers and office staff on travel confirmations ○
Travel support needs (i.e., visas, etc.)
○ Provide assistance in troubleshooting project personnel visa process
● Housing Accommodations as needed
● Meet with Artistic staff to confirm project casting and budget
● Confirm artistic personnel payment amounts in contracting agreements with Artistic
Director and Operations Director
● Obtain pay schedule and payment amounts from Business Manager
● Draft pre-project cost outs as needed
● Work with fiscal manager to update project budget with actuals and perform final
The Company Manager reports to the Artistic Director.
The ideal candidate will:
• Combine demonstrated business acumen with creative and collaborative leadership
• Have strong interest and experience in nonprofit arts management
• Be an effective and inspiring communicator
• Be highly organized
• Be dedicated to coaching and nurturing assigned interns and volunteers
• Be open to managerial innovation and learning
• Minimum 1 year of internship experience in a nonprofit arts organization of a similar size
• Experience in budget management and financial reporting
• Approach challenges honestly, constructively, and creatively
• Demonstrates strong interpersonal communication skills
Other desired qualifications:
• Innate love and value for contemporary dance, especially African-American traditions in dance and
cultural and historic perspectives that supports those traditions
• Event planning, production, and project management skills
• Ability to read and understand lengthy, detailed contracts and terms
• Proficiency with Google Docs, MS Excel, and MS Word
Commensurate with experience for an organization of DRP’s size, this is a part-time
contractor position with flexible hours, comp-time, paid vacation, and sick leave.
Please email your resume and a cover letter to the email in this listing by November 15, 2021.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. The search committee intends to make its decision by or before November 29, 2021, with the intent that the Company Manager will begin work on January 1, 2022. No phone calls, please.
Please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. DRP will acknowledge receipt of applications via email.
Deeply Rooted Productions is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are
committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for employees and applicants.