Community Marketing Coordinator
The Community Marketing Coordinator plans and executes strategies to promote the concerts and programs of the Negaunee Music Institute (NMI), including Civic Orchestra and CSO for Kids series. The person in this position will strives to advance the mission of NMI: connect people to the extraordinary musical resources of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. In addition, the Community Marketing Coordinator provides support for initiatives to develop younger and family audiences, including teens, college students and young professionals.
The Negaunee Music Institute is the education and community engagement wing of the CSO and produces programming that annually engages over 200,000 people across Chicago and around the world.
CSOA is an equal opportunity employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin. We value diversity and inclusion and seek to build and maintain a community and culture that celebrates and values diverse backgrounds, identities, and perspectives. We consider equivalent combinations of experience and education for jobs, and all candidates who believe they possess equivalent experience and education are encouraged to apply.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide support for marketing campaigns designed to attract and grow audiences for NMI concerts and events, including advertising, email, social media, digital marketing, direct mail, grassroots and promotions.
2. Promote diversity, inclusivity and empowerment with the Marketing department team members.
3. Coordinate production and delivery of print collateral for campaigns to NMI concerts, including direct mail, signage, posters and inserts.
4. Craft, schedule, design and deploy emails and social media postings promoting NMI series, concerts, programs and events.
5. Maintain NMI content on cso.org.
6. Maintain NMI target lists and constituent data in Tessitura database.
7. Serve as a primary liaison between the marketing and NMI departments, attending NMI meetings and events, gaining expert knowledge of NMI programs and working collaboratively with members of the NMI team and cross-departmentally to ensure proper visibility and understanding of NMI events. Oversee agendas for marketing check-ins with NMI department.
8. Develop and execute efforts to build younger Symphony Center audiences, with a special focus on teen/college student ticket campaigns, families, young professionals, free/low-cost concerts and community concerts.
9. Hire, train and supervise department interns as needed.
10. Proofread marketing materials.
11. Serve as Communications department representative at Symphony Center performances.
12. Additional projects as assigned.
1. Reports to the Marketing Manager.
2. Works closely with the Director of Education and Negaunee Music Institute as well as members of the Marketing, Negaunee Music Institute, Sales & Patron Experience, Communications & Public Relations and Development teams.
3. Other contacts include: CSOA departments, CSOA affinity groups and volunteers, community partners, freelance designers, print, mail and distribution vendors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
2. One or more years of marketing experience, preferably in the performing arts or music.
3. Experience with educational or children’s programs preferred.
4. Experience with email design and maintenance of social media accounts for an organization.
5. Tessitura or similar ticketing/donor database experience a plus.
6. Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
7. Excellent written and verbal skills. Copywriting experience preferred.
8. Solid understanding of direct mail and print production.
9. Understanding and appreciation of classical music.
10. Experience in desktop publishing, word processing, and spreadsheet applications (MS Office).
Pleasant office environment.