Communication and Design Coordinator
The Communication and Design Coordinator develops and maintains the public presence of LATITUDE visually across all platforms. The position involves basic print and web design (Squarespace), event photography, social media (Instagram and Facebook), email campaigns (Mailchimp), and copywriting. This person will work closely with the Executive Director and Fellows to craft language and coordinate programming and residency announcements for print, web, and social media promotion. . The Communication and Design Coordinator is encouraged to develop their creativity and technical skills to produce content for LATITUDE.
- Maintain an active presence on social media platforms, including Facebook and Instagram
- Use these platforms to drive awareness of the organization and to raise its profile.
- Record and make use of data from these platforms to determine strategic action.
- Audience growth
- Maintain the organization’s website with regular updates.
- Develop an organized photographic documentation archive.
- Occasionally photograph artists in residents, events, and workshops.
- Schedule, compose, and send out bi-monthly newsletter with the Community Outreach Fellow
- Work closely with Programming & Education Fellows.
- Craft language and sequence communications to best support programmings needs.
- Seek out and plan for live events, including a presence at symposiums, conferences, expos, etc.
- Design graphics, posters, signage, etc., for print and web.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies and campaigns to develop LATITUDE’s audience, and drive revenue through DIY lab use, Service Bureau sales, educational programming enrollment, and donations.
- Determine ways to creatively develop the organization’s online voice.
- Pursue local media for coverage of our events.
- WBEZ, Chicago Reader, The Visualist, Chicago Mag, etc.
- Work with full staff to plan annual fundraiser and other events.
Please submit a cover letter, resume/CV, and work samples (portfolio website, PDF, and/or Instagram) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interested applicants should apply before December 13th, 2019.
LATITUDE is an equal opportunity employer who does not to discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.