Collections Assistant (Two-Years)
The Collections Assistant position is a two-year, special projects position. The position will assist the Collections Manager and the Curator of Digital Art with cataloging and care of the artworks in the Foundation’s collection. The assistant will also provide a variety of record- keeping, art handling, and administrative tasks supporting the Collections Manager, including but not limited to: incoming artwork examinations, completing condition reports, digital imaging of artwork for internal documentation, collections database data-entry, digitizing collections records, and researching provenance. The assistant will support the Curator of Digital Art with administration of an arts writing award and conduct research and writing on software and video artworks.
The Collections Assistant will work with art in five fields: Digital & Electronic Art, Post-War Painting & Sculpture, Spanish Colonial Art, Japanese Bamboo, and Southwest Modernism and Contemporary Art.
- Undergraduate degree in Art History, Arts Administration, Museum Studies, or related field
- Basic knowledge of art handling standards and best practices
- Excellent writing abilities with the capacity to communicate in a professional and
accessible manner, with strong attention to details
- Organized and able to work independently and with others
- Able to carry out independent library and database research
- Technologically adept with good working knowledge of databases
- Adept with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign is preferred, but not required
- Experience examining and/or digitally imaging artwork is preferred, but not required
- Basic knowledge of collection management software preferred, but not required