Coding/Web Design Teaching Artist Needed - Immediate
The BAC is actively seeking a part-time Coding & Web Design Teaching Artist for virtual and/or in-person classes with Chicago Public Schools and other organizational partners during the 20-21 school year and beyond.
Courses being taught: “Introduction to Coding” and “Introduction to Web Design”
- Planning lessons for weekly classes that might meet one to five times a week for 10 weeks
- Arriving on-time and prepared for class assignments.
- Working within BAC, Chicago Public Schools, and other outside partner policies and procedures
- Teaching hour long workshops for children in grades 6th-12th
- Being observed in classrooms intermittently by Outreach Manager
- Returning completed contracts and bi-weekly Time Sheets to department manager, meeting all deadlines.
- Attending departmental meetings and paid professional development sessions quarterly
Experience and Education:
- Applicants should be trained in coding and web design, who have either studied with a professional organization or at a secondary college or university, or have commensurate experience in the field.
- Experience using website apps, such Photoshop and Sketch, and website builders, such as Wix, Squarespace, Webflow, PageCloud, and Wordpress
- A minimum of 2 years of teaching experience is strongly preferred.
- A High School Diploma is required, and a Bachelor’s or advanced degree is preferred; compensation is commensurate with education level and teaching experience.
- All candidates will be considered primarily on the basis of experience, reliability, accountability, integrity, and communication skills combined with a passion for bringing enriching artistic programs to the community at large.
Teaching Artists are strongly motivated independent contractors who demonstrate tangible classroom management skills and an ability to properly communicate with students.
Transparent availability, scheduling flexibility, and strong communication skills are required assets for this position.
As representatives of the Beverly Arts Center, artists are expected to be professional, prepared and prompt for all contracted classes. The BAC reserves the right to terminate Teachers from the active roster at any time if these standards are not upheld.
Submit Cover Letter, Resume, and three email addresses of references to: email@example.com.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Only emailed applications will be considered.