Coat Check Attendant
Mission: The Auditorium Theatre, an Illinois not-for-profit organization, is committed to presenting the finest in international, cultural, community, and educational programming to Chicago and to the continued restoration and preservation of the National Historic Landmark Auditorium Theatre.
Commitment: The Auditorium Theatre thrives on the shared humanity that the performing arts provides. We are at our best when our leadership, partnerships, and the work we present on our stage reflects the world around us and the audiences that walk through our doors. Core to this belief is a commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity and accessibility. We are dedicated to leveraging the transformative power of the arts to fully become the Theatre for the People.
The Coat Check Attendant is responsible for delivering the highest caliber of guest services during all events and functions within the Theatre.
Major Areas of Responsibility/Essential Function
· Presents themselves in an upbeat, positive, professional, and friendly manner with guests and teammates
· Collects coats, bags, and umbrellas, from guests in a courteous manner.
· Collects a coat check fee from guests
· Accurately accounts for all items checked in at coat check with corresponding tickets
· Collects payment from guest and accurately rings payment in the POS system
· Adheres to the theatre’s Food & Beverage policies as outlined in our handbook
· Thanks each guest at the end of each transaction
· Returns items back to the guests at the end of the event
· Responsible for handing out and collecting Assisted listening devices and cushions to guests as needed.
· Responsible for assisting guests with wheelchairs as needed
The Auditorium Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, class, religion, country of origin, political belief, (dis)ability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any factor protected by law. BIPOC candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.'