After School Instructor
Instructors for Youth Alliance Yoga (a division of Mission Propelle) cultivate a joyful yet peaceful atmosphere for exploring yoga and gender equity. Teachers lead postures, breath work, guided meditation, and facilitated discussions to help kids feel strong and settled in who they are and how they can change the world.
- Availability at least four days during the workweek between 3-5 p.m. to teach one-hour after-school yoga classes
- Experience working with elementary-age kids
- Fluency with all Google Drive functions (sheets, docs, etc.)
- 24-hour turnaround on all communications
- Car or access to transportation to reach school sites
- If hired, all instructors undergo background checks, DCFS trainings, and child-protection courses as required by law or individual school entities
- Teach one-hour after-school yoga classes to elementary-aged kids
- Perform nominal administrative duties such as emailing, operating at tablet. etc.
Members of the YAY team will be part of an elite, close-knit community of children’s yoga instructors serving more than 2,000 kids across Chicagoland.
- $200 weekly stipend for all regular workweeks (holidays and days off prorated)
- If you are not yet a certified children’s yoga teacher, you are eligible for 95-Hour Children’s Yoga Certification with Yoga Alliance RCYS ($1,600 value)
Send a resume, location, and mode of transportation to annie@missionpropelle with the subject line JOB APPLICATION. Cover letters are not required but welcome.