By Discovery, LLC is seeking Classroom Assistants for our in-person e-learning support program for Grades K-5, for Trimester 1 of the 2020/21 School Year. By Discovery is pleased to be a Community Partner with Oak Park School District 97, to help students successfully navigate their online school day, in person, at Beye and Lincoln Elementary Schools. Adherence to all ISBE and D97 Covid-19 safety guidelines is mandatory.
Classroom Assistants will support the Lead Instructor. Candidates will:
1. have college experience and confidence working with youth
2. be supportive, caring and patient
3. have a collaborative mindset/ability to work with Lead Educator to create a positive and safe classroom environment
4. enjoy working in an educational setting
5. possess excellent communication & technology skills
6. be a creative thinker and possess strong problem solving skills
7. be professional: on time, stay on task, respectful to all
8. be willing to climb 2 to 3 flights of stairs, repeatedly, during child pick-up
9. be CPR/AED/First Aid certified or attend training for CPR/AED/First Aid
NOTE: Background checks are required!
SCHEDULE: Aug 24 to Nov 30 & potential to extend if the current learning model is repeated for Trimester 2
DAYS: M/T/W/TH/F or M/W/F or T/TH or M/T/TH
TIME: 7:30am to 3:15pm
In addition to helping students successfully navigate their online school day, Classroom Assistants will supervise students as they work through their daily schedules, including creative engagement, outdoor play and opportunities to explore personal interests. They will follow and promote all safety protocols, especially related to Covid-19.
The Classroom Assistant will work as a team with the Lead Instructor to ensure the safe and efficient delivery of the program. Communication with the Lead Instructor regarding student successes, challenges and health concerns is required.
The Classroom Assistant reports to the Lead Instructor and will attend mandatory professional development meetings as scheduled.
Please email resume and cover letter to Jocelyne Adkins, Program Director: