CAPE STEAM Ahead Documentation Facilitator
Chicago Arts Partnerships in Education (CAPE) nurtures and sustains long-term collaborations between K-12 teachers, students, and artists. Together, they conduct inquiry-based investigations around academic content, community issues, and/or social-emotional learning, and they share their investigations in various public formats.
STEAM Ahead is a USDOE-supported CAPE program that brings together Park Forest-Chicago Heights School District 163 K-5 teachers and students with CAPE teaching artists, working to develop innovative approaches to integrating visual art education with STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) teaching and learning.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND TASKS:
STEAM Ahead Guide:
The STEAM Ahead Guide is a key part of the dissemination of the program. The Guide will tell the story of the program and partners, the process of student investigation, the student artwork, and the professional development (PD) engagement of the teachers and artists. The Guide will be a combination of history, documentation, aesthetics, and replicable pedagogy.
The STEAM Ahead Documentation Facilitator will:
• Photograph the schools and the physical surroundings;
• Obtain maps for the district;
• Photograph and audio/video document interviews (for transcription) with teachers, administrators, and parents;
• Photograph and video document select classroom STEAM Ahead projects, including students during the process working and also of final products;
• Attend and document select professional development planning meetings with the STEAM Ahead PD lead team;
• Document professional development sessions;
• Gather all professional development support materials;
• Record interviews of STEAM Ahead PD team and CAPE program staff ;
• Record interviews with CAPE teaching artists;
• Gather and organize all STEAM Ahead classroom support materials;
• Participate and contribute to the Guide’s final design process;
• Assist teacher/artist teams with technical documentation questions as needed specifically for the Guide.
HOURS AND REQUIREMENTS:
The Documentation Facilitator is a part-time contractor with a flexible schedule at approximately 5 hours per week, from September 2021 to June 30, 2022. Contract amount is 15K USD.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred.
• Good communication skills required.
• Previous documentation experience strongly preferred.
• Must be skilled in video and audio editing, web design, digital imaging and layout design, writing and copy editing,
• Would need their own camera, audio recorders, computer, and editing software.
• Must have regular access to an automobile.
• Familiarity with public school education, and/or contemporary art education, and/or STEM education a plus.
Please fill out and attach the requested documents in the google form here: https://forms.gle/bRkPGCJeq6pZkCwM8.