Our Ceramics Instructors lead students toward creative discovery through clay. Instructors teach weekly classes, one-time workshops, and private/semi-private lessons throughout the week.
We are currently looking for someone with 12-15 hours of availability and a desire to grow with the studio. In addition to teaching, tasks may include loading/firing kilns, unloading/processing completed kilns, mixing glazes, preparing stock materials, and general studio maintenance. Ceramics Instructors are expected to maintain excellent customer service and professionalism at all times with our students and customers.
We are looking for someone who most closely resembles the description below...
- Proficient in ceramic techniques: wheelthrowing, handbuilding, glazing, surface decoration, kiln loading, etc.
- Experience and interest teaching various ages and skill levels; kids, teens, and/or adults
- Enjoys being apart of a community setting
- Organized and can complete tasks in a timely manner
- Willing to get your hands and clothes dirty
- Comfortable standing for 4+ hours at a time
- Can lift at least 50 lbs
Please send your resume/CV and 4-6 images of your ceramic work (or website portfolio link) to email@example.com for consideration.