Chicago Artists Coalition helps people connect with opportunities including calls for artists, jobs, grants, and art advising
Center Staff - Part Time Audio/Video/Technology Assistant
- The Kaufherr Center is Chicago's FREE actors center serving members of the Screen Actors Guild & American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (SAG-AFTRA), and Actors Equity Association. The newly renovated Kaufherr Center offers a brand new audio suite, video suite, work/business area and meeting space for talent to record and self-submit auditions, handle business, schedule live auditions, rehearse and conduct table reads, and network with other area talent. In addition, conservatories, workshops, and seminars led by industry professionals are offered to help advance their careers. The Center is conveniently located in the River North area, west of Michigan Avenue, and close to all forms of public transportation.
The Kaufherr Center seeks to fill a part-time Center Staff position with knowledge, background, training and experience in video and audio recording/editing to work approximately 15 hours per week total, which include Wednesday from 4:00pm to 9:00pm, Thursday from 12:00pm-5:00pm, and Saturday midday from 10:00am-3:00pm.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assist members (actors) with video and audio recording and editing. Teach how to use equipment for self-submitted auditions.
- Assist members with general technology requests and issues, i.e., trouble shooting computer and internet issues, assisting with Dropbox, setting up email, etc.
- Assist with set-up and breakdown of events in the Center.
Ability to troubleshoot with any equipment issues during member use and help to maintain functionality of equipment/technology in the center.
- Assist Center Administrator with other duties as assigned.
- Candidate should have knowledge of and ability to present weekly ''how to'' presentations to members, i.e., video editing, audio editing, lighting for videos, how to set up Dropbox, etc.
- Ability to teach the Center's users how to use equipment, to be self-sufficient when recording self-submitted auditions.
- Background and education in film and audio required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of video and audio recording and editing software
Skills & Qualifications:
- · Education, background, focus and experience in film/audio/media required. Please specify.
- Demonstrated knowledge of video and audio recording and editing software.
- Good troubleshooter.
- Excellent presenter to help/teach members new technology.
- Excellent people skills essential.
Salary: Salary: 16 per hour
Contact us: To Apply: Please send resume and three professional references via email.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
If you have a website or promo video, please include link but not required to apply for position.