Center Staff / Media Technician
Job Title: Center Staff - Audio/Video/Technology Assistant
The Kaufherr Center seeks to fill a part-time Center Staff/Media Technician position. We are seeking an individual with knowledge, background, training and experience in video and audio recording/editing to work approximately 15 hours per week total (Schedule varies when working remotely/virtually. When the center reopens for public access, Media Technician will have regularly scheduled in-person hours, such as Wednesday from 4:00pm to 9:00pm, Thursday from 12:00pm-5:00pm, and Saturday midday from 10:00am-3:00pm, final schedule TBD.) The Media Technician interfaces with regular users of the center, managing reservations and assisting in technical requests, assuring members needs are met and satisfaction is achieved. This position is an important first point of contact for many individuals and can help foster a positive environment and experience with our organization.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Managing reservations in the Kaufherr Center's internal and external calendars.
- Updating public facing calendars with events and programs available to the public.
- Assisting center director in recording, cataloguing, and archiving events programmed by the Kaufherr Center (recording via zoom, archiving stream on YouTube)
- Helping generate and prepare marketing materials for social media and email lists.
- Assisting members (actors) with video and audio recording and editing. Teach how to use equipment (either the center’s technology or the user’s available tools) for self-submitted auditions. Assist members with general technology requests and issues, i.e., troubleshooting computer and internet issues, assisting with Dropbox, setting up email, etc.
- Assisting with preparing, set-up/tear down, organizing, and presenting public events with the Kaufherr Center.
- Providing technical support & troubleshooting with any equipment issues during member use and help to maintain functionality of equipment/technology in the center.
- Assisting in incorporating user feedback from current events into future programming efforts. Capture attendance & performance metrics from events.
- Assists Center Director in marketing programming efforts to target audiences, and adds new leads and attendees into email lists in order to maintain dialogue and expand the regular user base of the center's services.
● Assist Center Director with other duties as assigned.
Candidates should have knowledge of and ability to generate/present ''how to'' presentations to members, i.e., video editing, audio editing, lighting for videos, how to set up Dropbox, etc. Ability to teach the Center's users how to use equipment, to be self-sufficient when recording self-submitted auditions.
Background and education in film and audio preferred.
Demonstrated knowledge of video and audio recording and editing software.
Skills & Qualifications:
● Education, background, focus and experience in film/audio/media. Please specify.
- Demonstrated knowledge of video and audio recording and editing software.
- Good troubleshooter.
- Excellent presenter to help/teach members new technology.
- Excellent people skills essential.
- Organized, reliable, independently motivated, and collaborative
Salary: $16 per hour
Please send a resume and three professional references via email.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. If you have a website or promo video, please include a link but not required to apply for the position.
The Kaufherr Resource Center exists to serve union performers, predominantly Chicago's members of the Screen Actors Guild & American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (SAG-AFTRA), and Actors Equity Association. The Kaufherr Center offers users a brand new audio suite, video suite, work/business area and meeting space for talent to record and self-submit auditions, handle business, schedule live auditions, rehearse and conduct table reads, and network with other area talent. In addition, conservatories, workshops, and seminars led by industry professionals are offered to help advance their careers. The Center is conveniently located in the River North area, west of Michigan Avenue, and close to all forms of public transportation.