Click Here to Apply
No calls or emails please - All applications must be submitted using the link above.
For 45 years, Steppenwolf Theatre Company has been a cultural leader in Chicago and model for theatre companies in the United States and around the world. Formed by a collective of actors in 1976, the ensemble has grown to 53 members who represent a remarkable cross-section of actors, directors and playwrights. Thrilling and powerful productions from Balm in Gilead to August: Osage County—and accolades that include the National Medal of Arts and 12 Tony Awards— have made the theater legendary. Steppenwolf produces hundreds of performances and events annually in its three spaces: the 515-seat Downstairs Theatre, the 299-seat Upstairs Theatre and the 80-seat 1700 Theatre. Artistic programming includes a seven-play season; a two-play Steppenwolf for Young Adults season; Visiting Company engagements; and LookOut, a multigenre performances series. Education initiatives include the nationally recognized work of Steppenwolf for Young Adults, which engages 20,000 participants annually from Chicago’s diverse communities; the esteemed School at Steppenwolf; and Professional Leadership Programs. While firmly grounded in the Chicago community, nearly 50 original Steppenwolf productions have enjoyed success both nationally and internationally, including Broadway, Off-Broadway, London, Sydney, Galway and Dublin.
Under the direction of Artistic Director Anna D. Shapiro and Executive Director E. Brooke Flanagan, Steppenwolf is currently undertaking a $73 million multi-phase facilities expansion and renovation that will create a launching pad for the next 25 years of Steppenwolf’s life. The first phase of the expansion opened in June 2016 with the 1700 Theatre, and its new café & bar, Front Bar: Coffee and Drinks, a creative space to meet up with friends and collaborators, day or night. The next phases will create a new Arts and Education Center, a signature architectural destination for the city with a 400-seat in-the-round theatre and an education and rehearsal floor providing dedicated space for Steppenwolf’s extensive education and artistic development programs, and renovations to its current 515-seat theater that addresses artist and audience upgrades after 25 years of use. This facilities expansion, driven by programmatic need, will allow Steppenwolf to advance its artistic vision into the future.
- Ensure that leadership and team members have the information, materials, and support they need to nurture meaningful, long-term relationships with donors and prospects; participate regularly in strategy development for donors as it relates to the Campaign’s identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship goals;
- Help organize and execute campaign projects, such as virtual and in-person events and meetings (ie, virtual construction tours and civic engagement salons), travel, communications materials and marketing strategies, stewardship and gift-giving, and prospect moves management;
- Prepare agendas and materials as needed for internal and external campaign meetings, which include staff leadership and a new trustee taskforce;
- Take campaign meeting minutes and ensure tasks are noted, assigned, and distributed; follow-up as needed;
- Conduct prospect research and work with other staff to ensure correct data is tracked in Tessitura and ready for use in developing and executing strategies;
- Manage the campaign proposal and reporting process for individuals, corporate entities, and foundations; provide supplemental materials and narratives for proposals and reports; organize the flow/storage of information and statistics as needed for proposals; and acknowledging gifts;
- Manage the critically important pledge, agreement, and acknowledgment process for contributions and contribute to the realization of extraordinary “thank you’s”;
- Maintain the donor list, naming opportunities portfolio, and other tracking mechanisms as needed; prepare reports as requested;
- Ensure donor recognition expectations are met and, as much as possible, exceeded;
- Work with the marketing team to coordinate the creation and maintenance of effective campaign communications e.g. brochures, appeals, video, web pages, invitations, newsletters, etc.;
- Maintain confidentiality of prospect and donor information
Steppenwolf Theatre Company strives to create thrilling, courageous, and provocative art in a thoughtful and inclusive environment. We succeed when we disrupt your routine with experiences that spark curiosity, empathy and joy. We invite you to join our ensemble as we navigate, together, our complex world.
Steppenwolf Core Values:
Equity + Inclusion
Integrity + Curiosity
Courage + Collaboration
Accountability + Leadership
Excellent benefit package for full time employees, including medical, dental, vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, vacation pay, paid sick time, personal days, Ventra transit benefit program, employee assistance program and 401(k) matching retirement program.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references by going to our website and apply under job openings.