Camera Rental House Seeks Full-Time Tech
About Camera Ambassador
Camera Ambassador is a camera rental house that is committed to getting state of the art photo and video equipment available into the hands of artists to enable and inspire creation.
Camera Ambassador Rentals was founded around a true love for cameras and capturing magnificent moving images. They are Chicago's reliable rental source. Whether you are shooting 4K video for cinema, or 720 for Internet, Camera Ambassador can help you find the right tools. They carry a wide array of video and photography equipment as well as offer full production services. They also have an in-house production studio equip to host videographers and photographers with a loft to shoot from above, live broad cast, and a state of the art control room for recording. Their team is built of passionate, creative, and talented artists who strive to give you the very best experience in this industry.
Camera Ambassador is hiring a Full Time Tech to work in our tech and rentals department. This position requires managerial skills, customer service, and rental experience. Working alongside the Lead Full Time Tech you will schedule freelancer, manage & oversee equipment from rentals to new inventory. As well as being a confidant for your team.
- Advanced level knowledge of rental equipment (camera, accessories, lighting, and grip) including operation, application, capabilities, limitations, and safety.
- Able to identify and repair of minor damage or broken equipment. Facilitate and coordinate repairs of major damage or broken equipment.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with clients, co-workers, and managers about equipment and anything related to job responsibilities.
- Strong leadership skills to train and assist with job responsibilities of freelancer techs & interns
- Customer service skills, ability to assist clients at prep, check out, or with on set technical issues.
- Able to stand, stoop, bend, kneel for prolonged periods of time.
- Able to climb stairs and ladders.
- Able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds above shoulder level without assistance.
- Able to push and pull heavy loads – 50 pound minimum.
- List check all equipment on an order to ensure it’s rental ready and that all equipment is present and compatible.
- Tech check all equipment on an order by cleaning, servicing and testing each piece of equipment to ensure it’s in working condition and upholds the standards of Camera Ambassador’s quality.
- Repair equipment and coordinate repairs with outside repair facilities.
- Train Interns and freelancer techs.
- Process newly acquired incoming and outgoing obsolete equipment (Purchases & Sales).
- Maintain a positive, orderly and efficient work environment.
- Delegate work amongst techs.
- Keep the rental system up to date by updating the workflow.
- Assist Rental Admin with gear questions or concerns to ensure clients experience is a good one.
- Correspondent between Rental Admin & techs for order issues.
- Communicate with clients during preps or pick up
- Organized and ability to communicate when something is not working.
Pay for this position is $14/hour.
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, and cc firstname.lastname@example.org. Any incomplete applications will not be reviewed.