Cafe & Bar Supervisor
The Old Town School seeking an experienced and reliable Café and Bar Supervisor for its operations in Lincoln Square.
The Café and Bar Supervisor manages the budget and operations of the Old Town School café and bar locations.
- Selects our offerings of craft beer, wine, coffee, cocktails and snacks.
- Supervises café staff including hiring, training, delegation and evaluation
- Maintains inventory, orders supplies, fosters relationships with local vendors.
- Budgets, manages, and records financial transactions.
- Maintains health and safety requirements for café and staff.
- Provides input regarding policy, planning, and improvements.
- Ensures compliance and quality in cafe operations.
- Works the cafe counter and bar when needed.
- Provides and models exemplary customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
Two years of bar/restaurant experience required, with an emphasis on beer and wine service in a fast-paced environment. Knowledge of craft beer and experience with a coffee program helpful. Health and food safety certification required. B.A.S.S.E.T. (Beverage Alcohol Sellers and Servers Education Training) certification required. Must be at least 21 years old. Basic accounting and Excel skills required. Must be able to communicate effectively in verbal and written form. Familiarity with Square POS platform is a plus. Bilingual Spanish ability helpful. Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
This work requires the following physical activities: reaching, bending, stooping, lifting up to 50 lbs., standing, walking, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity. The work is performed primarily indoors in a kitchen environment.
If interested and qualified, please send resume to oldtownschool.org.
Old Town School is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees. Old Town School strives to be an inclusive and equitable organization that is reflective of the diversity of the city of Chicago. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This is critical to our success as a community focused organization.