The Aurora Civic Center Authority (ACCA), an innovative organization located on Stolp Island in the Fox River in the heart of the richly diverse community of historic Aurora, Illinois (one hour from downtown Chicago), is seeking a Café Attendant. ACCA is the parent organization, which also includes a 501(c)3 arm under the name of Paramount Arts Centre, Inc. It operates three performance venues: the 6,000-person RiverEdge Park, the 1,843-seat landmark Paramount Theatre, and the 165-seat, newly renovated Copley Theatre. ACCA produces and presents over 300 performances each year, including star-studded touring productions, a self-produced Broadway Series of musicals and the self-produced Bold Series for an annual audience of 350,000 patrons from over 250 communities. ACCA proudly operates the Paramount School of the Arts in the new John C. Dunham Aurora Arts Center, right next door to Paramount Theatre in downtown Aurora. Paramount Theatre also hosts free community events, $1 Classic Movie Mondays and its opulent interiors provide a spectacular backdrop for private functions such as wedding receptions or corporate galas. Across the street from Paramount Theatre are the gorgeous Meyer Ballrooms, which play host to multiple wedding receptions and rental events throughout the year.
The Aurora Civic Center Authority is committed to being a defining catalyst for personal and community transformation by:
- making the performing arts accessible for every age and socioeconomic background,
- introducing the magic of live theater across generations to encourage expansive imaginations and broad views of people and the world,
- and contributing to the future stability and growth of Aurora's downtown.
The highest purpose of any theater is to inspire its community toward a more perfect humanity. Such humanity can exist only when every member of the community is included and valued, empowered and heard. To express this truth, ACCA commits its leaders, volunteers, artists and staff to the active, continual and accountable pursuit of the following principles: equity, inclusion and diversity.
ACCA truly believes and lives by its mission statement and its commitment to equity, social justice and inclusion.
DEPARTMENT – Front of House
DIRECT REPORTING – Front of House Management
POSITION STATUS & SCHEDULE – Part-time, hourly; hours vary and include afternoons, evenings, and weekends. Hours are event dependent
COMPENSATION – Starting at $17 per hour, plus complimentary or discounted tickets to certain events.
HIRE DATE – Immediate
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES –
- Prep, cook and serve both food (such as pizza, cookies, etc.) and coffee items in a timely manner in a high-volume quick service kitchen environment
- Maintain cafe cleanliness at all times
- Execute proper cleaning and sanitation requirements
- Interact with guests in a friendly, courteous and helpful way
- Read and follow printed instructions for food preparation
- Have a flexible schedule and submit availability a minimum of 3 months in advance
- Work closely with Front of House management, beverage staff and cafe personnel
- Adhere to the Paramount Theatre & North Island Center Guidelines and Regulations
- Accurately report wasted inventory items to the Front of House Manager
- Other duties as assigned
In addition to the duties listed above, ACCA expects the following of each employee: adheres to ACCA’s policies and procedures; works in a safe manner; performs duties as workload necessitates; maintains a positive and respectful attitude; communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues; demonstrates efficient time management and prioritizes workload; demonstrates regular and consistent attendance and punctuality; meets productivity standards; participates in ACCA events as needed or required; and completes other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS and ABILITIES –
- Minimum age of 18 years old
- Will need to currently hold or must get ServSafe Certification within 30 days of employment
- Able to lift up to 25lbs.
- Be available for a variety of days, times, possible late nights and holidays
- Previous hospitality & food prep experience
- Able to handle high stress service environment
- Motivated, committed and guest service driven
- Work quickly but safely
- Be on your feet for several hours
- Have basic math skills
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ: Due to frequent and necessary interaction with members of the general public, performers, fellow employees and other individuals, successful candidates for employment are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 before they begin work and will be required to provide proof of vaccination. “Fully vaccinated” as defined by the CDC means that at least 14 days have passed following receipt of the final dose of an FDA authorized Covid-19 vaccine. Additionally, Covid-19 boosters are required for eligible employees.
ACCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, marital or familial status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ACCA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and others who are eager to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume using the online job application at https://paramountaurora.com/op...
Or mail/drop off to: Aurora Civic Center Authority, ATTN: Dawn King, 8 East Galena Blvd., Suite 230, Aurora, IL 60506