Box Office Associate
Position: Box Office Associate
Reports To: Sales and Ticketing Manager
As one of the country’s largest ensemble theatres dedicated to the creation of new work, Lookingglass Theatre Company seeks to redefine the theatrical experience and to make theatre more exhilarating, inspirational, and accessible to all. Founded in 1988 by a group of Northwestern University theatre graduates, Lookingglass moved into its permanent home in the historic Water Tower Water Works on Chicago’s Michigan Avenue in 2003. Now in its 34th Season, the Company is a respected source for story-centered theatrical work that is evocative, physical, and visually rich.
With a roster of 29 Ensemble Members and 22 Artistic Associates, Lookingglass productions are centered on ensemble with training in theatre, dance, music, and circus arts. Through its powerful, original theatre, the Company's goal is to fire the imagination with love, to celebrate the human capacity to taste and smell, weep and laugh, create and destroy, and wake up where we first fell— changed, charged, and empowered.
Lookingglass Theatre is seeking a customer service-oriented person to join our Sales and Ticketing Staff. Applicants must be able to work in multiple environments, exhibiting strong communication skills and proficiency in using a computer.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Handle incoming phone calls and emails
• Process ticket orders and exchanges
• Process membership sales and booking tickets
• Maintain customer services standards for all patrons and tourists visiting the Water Tower Water Works
• Place phone calls to patrons regarding production information, membership renewals, etc.
• Manage ticket pick up for assigned performances, ensuring a smooth and efficient pre-show experience
• Assisting patrons with questions, accessibility needs and/or ticketing issues
• Check vaccination cards of all patrons and vendors entering Lookingglass Theatre
• Assisting House Manager in maintaining lobby Health and Safety procedures
• Performing other duties as assigned.
• Current COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory before onboarding, unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and granted in accordance with Lookingglass policy.
• Adherence to and participate in implementation of Lookingglass’ COVID protocols
• Participate in organization-wide anti-racism work and incorporate an anti-racist lens into daily practice. Lookingglass recognizes that it has much to do towards being an anti-racist and a more equitable institution. We believe that our work and our lives are infinitely more complex, rewarding, illuminating, and nearer to truth when we have a wider variety of human experiences in our room, at our table, and on our stage. This work, by the Board, Ensemble, and staff, is ongoing and is publicly reflected here: Anti-Racism, Equity, and Inclusion Statement – Lookingglass Theatre Company.
• Customer Service Experience
• Flexible Availability
o Box Office Associates are scheduled Tuesday-Sunday between the hours of 12PM and 9:30PM.
• Comfortable learning new computer software (experience with Spektrix preferred)
• Must be over 21+
$16 per hour
To be considered, please send cover letter and resume to Maggie McNamara, Director of Marketing, at email@example.com with “Box Office Associate” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed and processed on a rolling basis, until the position is filled.