Box Office Associate
Citadel Theatre in Lake Forest, seeks a professional and charismatic Box Office Associate. The Box Office Associate is responsible for prepping the house before each performance, checking patrons in, assisting walk in patrons with sales, and facilitating phone sales during our annual subscription drive. The desired candidate will have experience with phone sales and an interest in live theater. The Box Office Associate reports to the Audience Development Coordinator. This is a part-time position, 20-25 hours per week, paying $10-13 per hour based on experience plus bonuses based on sales.
About Citadel Theatre Company
Citadel Theatre Company is a professional theatre company based in Lake Forest, Illinois, located one-hour north of Chicago. Citadel productions include: dramas, comedies, cutting-edge new works, contemporary, and classical selections. Citadel seeks to provide both a creative haven for passionate and visionary directors, writers, actors and designers, as well as a home for audiences that seek to experience the emotional and intellectual richness that quality theatre inspires.
In addition to Citadel’s mainstage productions, Citadel reaches out to community through year round educational programming. Citadel Theatre utilizes theatre games, improvisation, voice development, character work, scene study, and movement to train the next generation of Theatrical Artists. Each class is facilitated by a working theatre professional and experienced educator. Through our programs students gain confidence and communication skills, learning to integrate creativity with teamwork.
Sales and Customer Service
- Sell subscriptions, group sales, and single tickets
- Box office set up
- Print and distribute tickets
- General customer service
- Update and maintain patron information in Company CRM System
- Reconcile cash and third party sales
- Setting up and managing concessions
- Cleaning theatre before each show
- Orienting volunteer ushers
- Commitment to superior customer service with strong problem-solving skills. Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and able to juggle several tasks at the same time.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to adjust priorities and assignments to meet patron and company needs.
- Proficient computer skills
- Proactive attitude and initiative
- Must have reliable transportation
Citadel Theatre Company is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org