Box Office Associate
Chicago Shakespeare Theater is accepting applications to join our team of outstanding Box Office Associates who welcome and assist our patrons with packages and single ticket purchases, along with other services. A world-class organization both on stage and off, Chicago Shakespeare cultivates excellence across the organization with its core values of Service, Ingenuity, and Collaboration. At the front line of patron contact, members of our Box Office team treat each conversation as an opportunity to help someone new, and to develop new skills. By becoming knowledgeable about Chicago Shakespeare’s history, and learning current program offerings inside and out, team members are able to provide expert recommendations and service to our patrons.
• Increase patron satisfaction and build loyalty by consistently providing personalized assistance by phone, email, and in person.
• Answer incoming phone calls, and place outbound follow-up/courtesy calls.
• Guide patrons through sales involving packages, single tickets, exchanges, and more.
• Record transactions accurately in our CRM database, Tessitura, and ensure customers’ account details are up to date.
• Assist patrons with inquiries about the status of their account or ticket purchases.
• Exercise discretion when handling confidential personal and financial information.
• Assist in other Box Office related projects such as packaging tickets, scanning documents, and general data entry/updates in Tessitura.
Candidates most likely to succeed in this position:
• Are motivated and energized by interactions with customers and colleagues—you go the extra mile to engage.
• Maintain a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude with ease.
• Have outstanding communication skills—reading verbal, physical, and emotional cues feels like second nature.
• Navigate surprises comfortably and are solution-focused: an excellent listener, quick thinker, and creative problem solver.
• Like working as part of a team, and are hungry to contribute and learn new things
• Have excellent computer skills, with a great attention to detail.
• Have previous experience with ticket sales software (Tessitura experience preferred)
• Demonstrate effective time management and organizational skills, including reliability and punctuality.
• Minimum availability of 25 hours per week.
• Box Office Associates are paid hourly and are scheduled depending on their availability and the Theater’s production schedule. Applicants must be available nights and weekends.
• The Box Office team works on-site at the Theater’s home on Navy Pier, usually Tuesday–Sunday 11:45am–5:15pm on non-performance weeks. These hours extend further into the evening during performances, to assist patrons at Will Call and walk-up windows.
About Chicago Shakespeare Theater
From plays to musicals, world premieres, family programming, and presentations from around the globe, Chicago Shakespeare Theater is known for its vibrant, award-winning productions seen at our home on Navy Pier, throughout Chicago’s schools and neighborhoods, and on stages around the world.