Box Office Associate
Chicago Shakespeare Theater is accepting applications to join our team of outstanding Box Office Associates to assist our patrons purchase subscriptions, single tickets and other services. CST is a world class organization both on and off stage, cultivating excellence in every department on every level. Our core values are Service, Ingenuity, and Collaboration. Our excellent service is realized largely through our Box Office team.
- Answer incoming phone calls.
- Handle cash, credit and check sales both on the phone and in person.
- Help guide patrons through sales involving subscriptions, single tickets, and exchanges.
- Record transactions carefully in our patron database.
- Be the front line of patron contact with Chicago Shakespeare Theater.
- Cheerful attitude and evident willingness to serve and engage with theater patrons.
- Excellent listening and problem-solving skills.
- Desire to work as part of a team.
- Reliability and punctuality.
- Attention to detail.
- Previous experience in customer service roles preferred.
- A minimum availability of 25 hours per week.
- Previous experience with ticket sales software. Tessitura experience preferred.
Box Office Associates are paid hourly and work hours depend on their availability and the theater schedule.
Chicago Shakespeare is committed to building diversity and inclusion onstage and throughout the organization. We especially encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply. Please send letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
About Chicago Shakespeare Theater
A global theatrical force, Chicago Shakespeare Theater (CST), is known for vibrant productions that reflect Shakespeare’s genius for storytelling, language and empathy for the human condition. CST has evolved into a dynamic company, producing award-winning plays at our home on Navy Pier, throughout Chicago’s schools and neighborhoods, and on stages around the world.