Box Office Assistant
Lake Forest Symphony Box Office Assistant
The Lake Forest Symphony (LFS), founded in 1957 is a fully professional regional symphony based out of Lake Forest, IL. The Symphony, a 501c3 non-profit, performs throughout the Lake County area including at the Gorton Community Center and the James Lumber Center. As the only fully-professional orchestra in Lake County, IL, the Lake Forest Symphony has been honored numerous times by the Illinois Council of Orchestras and the League of American Orchestras. In 2018, the Lake Forest Symphony’s debut commercial album, Liquid Melancholy, was nominated for a GRAMMY award. In 2019, the Orchestra was awarded “Orchestra of the Year” and Music Director Vladimir Kulenovic was awarded “Conductor of the Year” by the Illinois Council of Orchestras.
The Lake Forest Symphony is expanding its Box Office & Patron Services initiatives. The Box Office Assistant is a “generalist” and responsible for supporting the entire Box Office: selling tickets, printing tickets, processing payments, and customer service. This position is flexible and requires availability at all concerts. The Box Office Assistant will report directly to the Box Office & Patron Services Manager.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
- A bachelor’s degree is recommended, with demonstrated interest in the arts.
- Previous experience in customer service or box office preferred.
- Overall understanding and knowledge of the Chicagoland arts and culture community a requirement.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, oral) and outgoing Customer Service abilities
- Flexible, Organized, Reliable, Enthusiastic, Patient, Self-Starter. Strong interpersonal skills and experience working with a variety of personalities.
- Previous experience working in a CRM database a plus.
- Web literate and proficient use of Microsoft Office, Gmail, Google Drive, and Google.
- Scan tickets at concerts
- Assist ushers as neededHandle Will Call at concerts, Backup ticket sales, direct patrons
Sell CDs and Merchandise during intermission & post-concert
Manage patron check-in at Salon Series concerts
Scan and organize LFS archives
- Post signage at concerts
- Assist Box Office & Patron Services Manager with logistics for all events
- Work with staff in set up / tear down concert receptions
- Take photos at events and help create content to share on social media. Assist with organizing photo database.
- Attend and actively participate in required programs and staff meetings.
- Protect organization's values by keeping information confidential.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Executive Director or Box Office & Patron Services Manager.
- This position operates primarily at events.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, filing cabinets.
- This is a part-time position. Evening and weekend work are regularly required as the performances occur on the weekends.
- Travel to off-site locations in the Chicago metro area is required. Some of those sites may not be accessible without a car.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to operate office equipment. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds.
- Workplace is a smoke- and drug-free environment.
- Equal Opportunity Employer. Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, military service and/or marital status, order of protection status, handicap, disability, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.