Job Title: Part-time Bookkeeper/Accountant
Organization: Floating Museum
Location: Chicago, IL (Remote)
Hourly Rate: $25 - $30 (Based on experience)
Position Type: Part-time, Flexible Hours
About Floating Museum:
Floating Museum is an innovative arts collective dedicated to exploring the intricate connections between art, community, architecture, and public institutions. Through site-responsive art,
design, and programming, we strive to unearth the vast potential within these relationships while taking into consideration the infrastructure, history, and aesthetics of the spaces we engage
with. Our mission is to inspire creativity, foster inclusivity, and promote cultural engagement in our ever-evolving urban landscapes.
Floating Museum is seeking a skilled and detail-oriented Part-time Bookkeeper/Accountant to join our team. The ideal candidate will play a pivotal role in ensuring the financial health and
stability of our organization. As a Bookkeeper/Accountant, you will manage financial records,
monitor budgets, and provide valuable insights to support our mission of enhancing the intersection of art, community, architecture, and public institutions.
1. Financial Record Management:
● Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records, including accounts payable and receivable.
● Track and reconcile bank statements, credit card transactions, and expenses.
● Process invoices and ensure timely payments to vendors and contractors.
2. Budget Monitoring:
● Assist in the creation and monitoring of project budgets.
● Provide regular financial reports and updates to the organization's leadership.
● Analyze financial data to identify trends, variances, and opportunities for cost savings.
3. Tax Compliance:
● Prepare and file necessary tax forms and reports in compliance with local regulations.
● Ensure timely and accurate submission of required tax payments.
4. Financial Reporting:
● Generate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
● Prepare financial reports for grant applications and funding proposals.
5. Audit Support:
● Assist in the preparation for financial audits and coordinate with external auditors as needed.
6. Financial Strategy:
● Collaborate with the leadership team to develop financial strategies and long-term financial planning.
● Provide financial insights and recommendations to support decision-making.
- Previous experience as a bookkeeper or accountant, preferably in a nonprofit or arts organization.
- Proficiency in accounting software and financial management tools.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge of tax regulations and compliance.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Flexibility to adapt to the unique needs of a creative and dynamic arts organization.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their resume, a cover letter detailing their relevant
experience, and salary expectations to Bianca Marks (email@example.com). Please
include "Bookkeeper/Accountant Application - Your Name" in the subject line.
Floating Museum is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse
and inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds and experiences.