Mission: The Auditorium Theatre, an Illinois not-for-profit organization, is committed to presenting the finest in international, cultural, community, and educational programming to Chicago and to the continued restoration and preservation of the National Historic Landmark Auditorium Theatre.
Commitment: The Auditorium Theatre thrives on the shared humanity that the performing arts provides. We are at our best when our leadership, partnerships, and the work we present on our stage reflects the world around us and the audiences that walk through our doors. Core to this belief is a commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity and accessibility. We are dedicated to leveraging the transformative power of the arts to fully become the Theatre for the People.
The Bartender position is responsible for delivering the highest caliber of customer service while serving food and beverages to guests during events within the Theatre.
Major Areas of Responsibility/Essential Function
· Welcome guests to the Theatre in an upbeat, positive, professional, and friendly manner
· Sets up and breaks down assigned bar location
· Makes, serves, and sells beverages in a quick and courteous manner.
· Thanks guests after each transaction
· Takes inventory of product at bar location at the beginning and end of each event
· Accurately rings in all items sold and takes payment from customers.
· Adheres to the theatre’s Food & Beverage policies as outlined in our handbook
· Checks customer identification when selling alcoholic beverages
· Stocks bar with product needed for each event
· Assists teammates with set up and breakdown of bar locations, including assigned opening and closing side-workPay $15hr plus tips
The Auditorium Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, class, religion, country of origin, political belief, (dis)ability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any factor protected by law. BIPOC candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employees are required to be vaccinated with the exception of medical and religious exemptions. Masks are required in the building. See Covid-19 protocols for patrons at auditoriumtheatre.org.