Mission: The Auditorium Theatre, an Illinois not-for-profit organization, is committed to presenting the finest in international, cultural, community, and educational programming to Chicago and to the continued restoration and preservation of the National Historic Landmark Auditorium Theatre.
Commitment: The Auditorium Theatre thrives on the shared humanity that the performing arts provides. We are at our best when our leadership, partnerships, and the work we present on our stage reflects the world around us and the audiences that walk through our doors. Core to this belief is a commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity and accessibility. We are dedicated to leveraging the transformative power of the arts to fully become the Theatre for the People.
The Bar Back position is responsible for assisting bartenders with the setup and breakdown of bar locations. The Bar Back will also assist bartenders by running product to bar locations during all events within the Theatre.
Major Areas of Responsibility/Essential Function
· Presents themselves in an upbeat, positive, professional, and friendly manner with teammates
· Assists bartenders with the set up and break down assigned bar locations.
· Brings ice to bar locations for set up and as needed during the event
· Removes trash from bar locations as needed
· Brings food and beverage product to bar locations as needed during events
· Delivers and collects bar floor mats at the beginning and end of each event
· Sweeps and mops behind bar locations
· Adheres to the theatre’s Food & Beverage policies as outlined in our handbook
· Assists with stocking bars with product needed for each event
· May help bartenders pour beer during high volume events
· Other duties as assigned
· May help move product deliveries
Pay $15hr plus tips
The Auditorium Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, class, religion, country of origin, political belief, (dis)ability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any factor protected by law. BIPOC candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employees are required to be vaccinated with the exception of medical and religious exemptions. Masks are required in the building. See Covid-19 protocols for patrons at auditoriumtheatre.org.