Band, General Music and Art Teachers
Position: Band, General Music and Art Teachers
Location: Chicago, IL and South Holland, IL
Organization Description: FAME Center was established as a 501(c)(3) in 2018 with a mission to provide transformative multi-disciplinary arts education to youth and adults in the Chicago-area. Founded on the belief that everyone should have access and opportunity to experience the arts, FAME Center is dedicated to removing any barriers to receiving a high-quality arts education.
Description of Position: FAME Center is currently seeking general music, art, and band teachers to serve in our School and Community Partnerships Program. This teacher would be responsible for creating and maintaining a performance based curriculum, classroom instruction, and committing to scheduled classes for the 2021-2022 school year.
• Create, develop, and maintain engaging performance-based curriculum.
• Deliver effective instruction, serving students with various learning styles, abilities and needs.
• Employ outstanding classroom management skills and implement the school/community partner code of conduct.
• Participate in faculty meetings/trainings as necessary.
• Prepare and lead performances/exhibitions if requested.
• Additional duties as requested by partner organization.
Qualifications: Minimum of bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline. Previous classroom teaching experience and strong classroom management skills. The ability to work with young children. Experience and desire to work with children and teens from diverse ethnic and economic backgrounds. Reliable transportation. Background check required by FAME Center and possibly partner organization.
Schedule: Schedule varies depending on type of contract. Scheduling possibilities include weekday mornings/afternoons during school, after-school (3-6pm timeframe) or Saturday morning/afternoons.