Chicago Artists Coalition helps people connect with opportunities including calls for artists, jobs, grants, and art advising
BAC Summer Show Camp Teaching Artist/Performance Staff
DESCRIPTION: The Beverly Arts Center seeks an artist with educational experience to instruct students ages 5-13, write lesson plans, and mentor up and coming artists for the BAC’s Summer Arts Camp.
This position offers a stipend between $5,000-$5,500.
BAC’s Summer Show Camp will run June 12th-August 11th, 2023.
There will be no programming July 3rd-7th.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, an artistic discipline, or equivalent field experience
- Previous classroom experience
- Experience working with children ages 5-13
- Experience in lesson planning and preparation
- Writing and submitting lesson plans to the Special Projects Coordinator and Assistant Camp Coordinator for review
- Revising lesson plans as requested
- Instructing campers ages 5-13 in morning workshops (ex. jazz dance class, puppetry, ukulele) and afternoon rehearsals/design hours
- Mentoring Counselors/Assistant Performance Staff
- Creating and rehearsing one or more pieces for the Act One Revue
- Assisting the Act Two Junior Musical as necessary as Performance Staff (ex. Rehearsing small group scenes, preparing costumes)
In order to apply, please submit a resume and a brief letter of interest describing why you are interested in this role, relevant previous work experience, and any special skills you have that would make you an ideal fit.
773.445.3838 ext. 212