BAC Summer Show Camp Support Leader/Teaching Artist
DESCRIPTION: The Beverly Arts Center seeks an experienced artistic educator who specializes in Social/Emotional wellbeing and one or more of the following artistic mediums: visual arts, film, music, dance, theatre. The Camp Support Leader/Teaching Artist will serve as a guidance counselor and teacher for BAC’s Summer Show Camp.
This position offers a stipend between $5,200-$5,700.
BAC’s Summer Show Camp will run June 12th-August 11th, 2023.
There will be no programming July 3rd-7th.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Education, Child Psychology, Music Therapy, Art Therapy, or related field.
- Experience working in the administration of a school, park district, or camp environment
- Experience instructing students ages 5-13
- Experience coordinating behavior plans and management strategies for individual students
- Experience in conflict management
- Expertise in one or more artistic medium
- Must pass background check, including fingerprinting
As CAMP SUPPORT LEADER
- Serving as the lead emotional support for all campers
- Meeting with individual or groups of campers and providing Emotional/Social Learning support
- Facilitating conflict resolution between campers
- Safely de-escalating conflicts
- Meeting with parents/guardians and Special Projects Coordinator as needed to address camper concerns
- Creating and implementing individualized emotional support plans for campers as needed
As TEACHING ARTIST
- Writing and submitting lesson plans to the Special Projects Coordinator and Assistant Camp Coordinator for review prior to programming.
- Revising lesson plans as requested
- Instructing campers ages 5-13 in morning workshops (ex. jazz dance class, puppetry, ukulele) and afternoon rehearsals/design hours
- Mentoring Lead Counselors/Assistant Performance Staff
- Creating and rehearsing one or more pieces for the Act One Revue
- Assisting in the Act One Revue and Act Two Junior Musical as needed
In order to apply, please submit a resume and a brief letter of interest describing why you are interested in this role, relevant previous work experience, and any special skills you have that would make you an ideal fit.