Chicago Artists Coalition helps people connect with opportunities including calls for artists, jobs, grants, and art advising
BAC Summer Show Camp Music Director
DESCRIPTION: The Beverly Arts Center seeks a musician/vocal artist with theatrical/choral and educational experience to music direct and accompany a musical revue and junior musical for students ages 5-13, and mentor up and coming artists for the BAC’s Summer Arts Camp.
This position offers a stipend of $1,500 for five weeks of programming from July 10th-August 11th, 2023.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music Education, Music, Education, or equivalent field experience
- Experience as a music director, choral director, or show choir director preferred
- Experience working with students ages 5-13
- Advanced piano playing experience and accompanying experience
- Must pass a background check, including fingerprinting
- Music directing the Act Two Junior Musical.
- Collaborating with the Performance Staff and Coordinators.
- Rehearsing with small groups (principal actors), large groups (separated by age), and the full cast of 80+.
- Mentoring the Counselors/Assistant Performance Staff and allowing them to have input in the process where appropriate.
In order to apply, please submit a resume and a brief letter of interest describing why you are interested in this role, relevant previous work experience, and any special skills you have that would make you an ideal fit.
773.445.3838 ext. 212