Chicago Artists Coalition helps people connect with opportunities including calls for artists, jobs, grants, and art advising
BAC Summer Show Camp Lead Choreographer
DESCRIPTION: The Beverly Arts Center seeks a professional choreographer with dance instruction experience to choreograph a musical revue and junior musical production for students ages 5-13, and to mentor up and coming artists for the BAC’s Summer Show Camp.
This position offers a stipend of $750 for five weeks of programming from July 10th-August 11th, 2023.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Dance, Education, or equivalent field experience
- Experience working with children ages 5-13
- Experience choreographing children’s performances
- Experience as a dance instructor
- Must pass a background check, including fingerprinting
- Choreographing the Act Two musical.
- Collaborating with the Performance Staff and Coordinators
- Rehearsing with small groups (principal actors), large groups (separated by age), and the full cast of 80+ campers.
- Mentoring the Counselors/Assistant Performance Staff and allowing them to have input in the process where appropriate.
- Supporting the Act One Revue and Act Two Junior Musical performances.
In order to apply, please submit a resume and a brief letter of interest describing why you are interested in this role, relevant previous work experience, and any special skills you have that would make you an ideal fit.
773.445.3838 ext. 212