BAC Summer Show Camp Counselor/Assistant Performance Staff
DESCRIPTION: The Beverly Arts Center seeks up and coming artists with child care experience and a speciality in one or more of the following areas: theatre, music, dance, visual arts/theatrical production and/or design to serve as Camp Counselors and Assistant Teachers/Performance Staff for the BAC’s Summer Show Camp.
The following roles are available under this job description, with specific duties to be assigned once roles are filled:
- Assistant Director/Assistant Acting Instructor
- Assistant Choreographer/Assistant Dance Instructor
- Assistant Music Director/Assistant Music Instructor
- Assistant Technician/Assistant Visual Arts & Design Instructor (may include Costumes, Set, Lighting, Sound, etc.)
This position offers a stipend between $4,500-$5,040.
BAC’s Summer Show Camp will run June 12th-August 11th, 2023.
There will be no programming July 3rd-7th.
- Previous experience working with children ages 5-13
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Arts experience relevant to their desired Assistant Performance Staff role
- Must pass a background check, including fingerprinting
As CAMP COUNSELOR
- Leading a group of campers and providing support to them throughout the day
- Supervising lunch, recess, and day-to-day camper activities
- Providing basic first aid and emotional support to campers as needed
- Reporting to the Special Projects and Assistant Camp Coordinators
- Instructing campers on rules and expectations
- Instructing and assisting campers with maintaining clean spaces, including classrooms, theaters, bathrooms, the atrium/lunchroom, and courtyard
- Taking attendance daily and assisting with parent/guardian drop off and pick up
- Following any individual emotional support plans created by the Camp Support Leader as needed
- Managing classroom behavior for assigned campers
- Working with and mentoring an assigned Junior Counselor
As ASSISTANT PERFORMANCE STAFF
- Assisting one or more of the Performance Staff in teaching arts classes to campers ages 5-13
- Working under the mentorship of one or more of the Performance Staff to create one or more pieces for the Act One Revue session of camp and to produce the Act Two Junior Musical session of camp.
- Providing accurate program information, technical needs, and other communications as needed to the Assistant Camp Coordinator
- Communicating supply needs to the Assistant Camp Coordinator
- Running rehearsals with campers as needed for the Act One Revue and Act Two Junior Musical
- Assisting backstage/onstage/front of house during the Act One Revue and Act Two Junior Musical
There are 5 Camp Counselor/Assistant Performance Staff roles available, with the option of adding more based on enrollment.
In order to apply, please submit a resume and a brief letter of interest describing why you are interested in this role, relevant previous work experience, and any special skills you have that would make you an ideal fit.