Awakenings Fall 2020 Marketing Internship
The goal of this internship is to provide the Marketing intern with the opportunity to obtain hands-on experience within a small non-profit during a critical growth period. Intern will work closely with the Associate Director to take lead on written & visual communications for our Social Media Platforms, assist with digital marketing campaigns, assist with video/interview production, and support media and outreach communications. The term of this internship begins on September 22nd, 2020 and ends December 2020 (exact date TBD based on intern availability).
The Intern is responsible for completing 12-15 hours of work each week scheduled around the Intern’s class schedule/availability. To accommodate the health and safety of our team and interns during the Covid-19 Pandemic, this internship will be held remotely with the potential to move to in-person should the situation improve come November.
Please note that this internship is unpaid. College credit is available.
MISSION STATEMENT: The mission of Awakenings is to make visible the artistic expression of survivors of sexual violence. All volunteers and interns are responsible for becoming familiar with the above mission statement. In addition, each volunteer and intern is expected to adhere to policies and procedures as stated.
1. Preferred Qualities and Experience:
- Confidence in written & verbal communications.
- Ability to pick up on new ideas, platforms and concepts quickly
- Leads with vulnerability and asks questions when needed
- A strong collaborator who can generate new ideas and contribute creatively to solve problems and achieve goals
- An established understanding of social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tik Tok, Youtube, etc.
- Graphic Design Experience strongly preferred
- Video Editing Experience strongly preferred.
Interested applicants should send their resume and a brief cover letter no later than August 31st to: