Chicago Opera theater is looking for someone to head up the AV department for Load In/ Strike of our production of Becoming Santa Claus. Duties will include the following as well as oversight of a small crew.
- Set up and install our FOH and supertitle projections systems
- Install needed Maestro monitors and cameras
- Install and configure basic two speaker PA
- Install additional building infrastructure as needed
- Setup Clearcom systems as needed. (Knowledge of Freespeak II systems encouraged but not necessary)
Dates are as follows:
- Prep: Flexible the week of Nov 22nd, 1-2 days expected at our warehouse @ 5000 S Central Ave
- Load in: Nov 29th – Dec 1st 8AM-5PM @ Studebaker Theater
- Strike: Dec 19th Estimated 5PM-Done (4 hour minimum) @ Studebaker Theater
The rate for this position is $27/hr, as a W-2 employee. Proof of vaccination is required and masks must be worn indoors. Please email with interest/resume with the subject line AV Head – Chicago Opera Theater.
Chicago Opera Theater is an equal-opportunity employer, and is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. As such, COT encourages applicants of all races, ethnicities, gender identities, and ages to submit for auditions and open positions.