Auditorium Theatre Arts Administration Internship
The Arts Administration internship is designed to introduce the intern to all aspects of arts management applicable to the Auditorium Theatre of Roosevelt University. The internship will provide the intern with a comprehensive understanding of the programming, booking, operational, logistical and financial components of the Auditorium Theatre. This internship will offer an experience which entails a variety of responsibilities. The task and responsibilities will be integral to the daily operations of the organization as well as long-term strategy and planning. This internship is intended to provide a realistic understanding (both good and bad) of what it takes to make operate a National Historic Landmark theatre.
Requirements for the Arts Administration Intern:
- Candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexible schedule to include evenings and weekends (depending on show schedule)
- Be responsible for own housing and transportation
- A solid understanding of basic business practices
- A willing to do anything; a true self-starter
- Availability to commit to 15-20 hours/week for a six month period
Interns receive a $500 stipend.