Audience Services Supervisor
Audience Services Supervisor
The Audience Services Supervisor is an experienced box office professional who co-manages day-to-day operations of the Steppenwolf box office. With the Audience Services Manager, this position co-manages 6-10 Audience Services Associates (part-time and full-time) and helps maintain a smooth and efficient ticketing experience for all patrons using Tessitura CRM. When live performances resume, this position’s primary focus will be managing will-call shifts and ensuring that the box office is providing consistent and excellent customer service. Consistent evening and weekend availability is required beginning in November 2021. This position reports to the Associate Audience Services Director.
Areas of Responsibility:
Box Office Management
- Assist in hiring and training all new Associates
- Assist the Audience Services Manager in maintaining help documentation on box office policies and procedures
- Serve as primary on-the-floor manager, answering Associate questions and serving as the primary point of escalation for difficult patron interactions when present
- Manage the majority of will-call shifts when live performances resume, frequently working evenings and weekends. This includes:
- Handling cash and checks and reconciling income at the end of each day
- Seating, printing and processing third-party tickets
- Releasing unused holds and allocations
- Working a station during a will-call or circulating between box offices to provide support as needed
- Writing and disseminating a box office report at the end of each will-call shift
- Help facilitate monthly box office staff meetings, and additional trainings with other members of Audience Services where needed
- Work closely with counterparts in Audience Experience to ensure that Steppenwolf is offering consistent customer service across teams
- Work with the Associate Audience Services Director and Audience Services Manager to evaluate and update box office policies and procedures as needed
- Fill in for Associates if needed – take phone calls, respond to patron emails, process comp requests etc.
Office Management and Equipment Maintenance
- Ensure that the box office is stocked with office supplies and all relevant Marketing materials
- Assist the Audience Services Manager in managing cash and check reconciliation for Audience Services
- Deposit all checks for Audience Services, and make cash deposits as needed
- Basic troubleshooting on Boca ticket printers
- Schedule permitting, this position may also be asked to assist the Audience Services team in building, testing and troubleshooting offers and pricing rules, processing membership forms, creating strategy for back-end Tessitura setup and performing other Tessitura-related tasks.
Successful candidates will have:
- Demonstrated commitment to creating a safe and accessible environment for staff and patrons
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with particular emphasis on phone service
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Daytime, evening and weekend availability; needs vary by performance schedule
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and Google suite
- 2+ years’ experience working regularly with ticketing software; Tessitura experience preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in customer service, preferably in a live performance box office
Salary range: $34,000-$37,500 with excellent benefit package for full time employees, including medical, dental, vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, vacation pay, paid sick time, personal days, Ventra transit benefit program, employee assistance program and 401(k) matching retirement program.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references by following this link by 11/6.