Audience Services Coordinator
Chicago Humanities presents the most compelling authors, artists, and thinkers of our time, connecting people to the ideas that shape and define us. Insightful, entertaining, and interactive Festival events are a platform for authors, journalists, scholars, policymakers, and other thought leaders, as well as for artists, actors, musicians, comedians, and cultural figures. Our programs provoke conversations, celebrate creativity, build community and explore the boundaries of contemporary knowledge and culture. Chicago Humanities values programming that reflects multiple viewpoints and lived experiences, is accessible and inclusive, and speaks to diverse audiences. We program across Chicago, bringing people and ideas together in a variety of neighborhoods. Chicago Humanities seeks to facilitate an engagement with ideas that transcend individual concerns, to enable empathy and connection through shared experiences. We are a hybrid office, working together remotely and in the office; evening and weekend availability required during festival seasons. More information at chicagohumanities.org.
The Audience Services Coordinator position is an entry-level, full-time position that works closely with the Audience Services and Production teams to handle all aspects of the daily operations of the Box Office. Responsibilities include the oversight of audience communications, assisting in the build of our events through our ticketing system, supporting the Audience Services Manager on managing ticketing sales, and customer needs and overseeing event preparation. The Audience Services Coordinator is highly organized, is capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously, possesses solid computer skills, and has a background in customer service. This position reports to the Associate Director of Audience Services.
Ticketing and Customer Service
- As delegated by the Associate Director of Audience Services assist with day-to-day operations of the box office, including supporting seasonal staff with answering phones, emails, processing transactions, etc.
- Ensure quality customer service for a diverse, multigenerational audience by phone, online, and at events.
- Draft and execute audience know-before-you-go emails utilizing Mailchimp.
- Serve as liaison for top tier donors event registration and accommodations, building strong relationships with this audience.
- Monitor sales for sold out events.
- Facilitate the creation of audience waitlists and invitations for standby.
- Can step in as head box office manager for events, as needed.
Administrative and Technology Support
- Assist in the build of website and ticketing system content in preparation for ticket on-sales and daily maintenance of sales and holds in ticketing system in collaboration with the Audience Services Manager.
- Collaborate on technology setup for front-of-house operations of the Festival, including laptops, ticket scanners, ticket printers, and upgrading and testing gear as needed.
- Create and manage event packing lists, supporting the Audience Services Representatives in packing and inventory for front-of-house materials.
- Support the upkeep of audience-facing web pages, such as venue information, parking information, sourcing maps and performing venue research.
- Create and execute audience communications such as robotexts and robocalls, waitlist emails, etc.
- Create signage as delegated by the Audience Services Associate Director.
- Using our Airtable database and Asana project management tool, organize interdepartmental event logistics information related to audience and accessibility.
- As needed, assist in sending email communications to front-of-house staff and vendors.
- As needed, assist the Audience Services Manager with volunteer communications.
Data Reporting Support
- Support interdepartmental reporting needs, provide data reporting on participation in accessible services, creating snapshot reports as needed.
- 1+ years experience in box office, hospitality, or visitor services.
- A dedication to creating a culture of friendly, inclusive customer service and enjoy working with the public.
- A highly-organized team player, able to multi-task with several projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Tech-savvy with some systems experience (ticketing system, donor database, website content management systems, email marketing platforms, box office phone systems).
- Grace under pressure, flexibility, and resourcefulness are valued traits.
- Experience or training in accessibility, disability awareness, or diversity/equity/inclusion initiatives considered a plus.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends per our events schedule.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This is a full-time position with a salary range of $40,000-45,000. Benefits include fully-covered health insurance (with an option to upgrade), dental, vision, 403(b) with 7% employer match, equitable parental leave, tax-free commuter spending plan, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and 17 days of accrued paid time off. In addition, we offset busy seasons with additional office closures during the summer and a communal winter break (December 25 through New Year’s Day). Chicago Humanities observes ten holidays and provides one floating religious holiday.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, ACCESS, AND INCLUSION
Chicago Humanities is committed to providing a diverse, equitable, accessible, and inclusive workplace where all employees and volunteers, whatever their gender, race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education, or disability, feel valued and respected. We are committed to a nondiscriminatory approach and provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in our departments, programs, and policies. We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages and ensure that all voices are valued and heard.
Please submit your application here, including resume, cover letter, and three references (please submit as PDFs). We’ll continue to accept applications until the position is filled, but we ask that applications are submitted by Wednesday, February 14, 2024. The ideal start date for this position is Monday, March 18, but can be flexible for the candidate.
If you need any accommodations completing this application, please email our Manager of People and Culture, John Rooney at email@example.com.
Candidates who are selected for an interview will be notified via email. No phone calls, please. We look forward to reviewing your materials. Thank you!