Audience Services Associate
Metropolis Performing Arts Centre is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization located in the heart of downtown Arlington Heights. It houses a 329-seat theater space as well as a full school of performing arts that includes drama, dance, and music lessons. We have a collaborative, fast-paced work environment staffed with professionals who love the arts.
We are currently seeking dynamic, customer-service oriented people to join our Audience Services team, as Box Office Associates, House Managers, or both!
BOX OFFICE ASSOCIATE (Daytime/Evening/Weekends)
- Assist patrons with ticket purchases in person and over the phone.
- Provide information about Metropolis and downtown Arlington Heights in person, over the phone, and via email
- Knowledge and navigation of usual Arts-People functions: selling tickets, processing gift certificates, taking payment, selling subscriptions, exchanges.
- Maintaining the appearance of the box office, lobby, coat room and restrooms.
- Providing superb customer service to all patrons.
- Cash handling.
- Coordinating duties as assigned by the Audience Services Manager and Supervisor, along with other associates to ensure all projects are completed in a timely manner (i.e. processing donation letters, organizing mailings, updating patron accounts, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
HOUSE MANAGER (Daytime/Evening/Weekends)
- Providing superb customer service to all persons who enter the theater and lobby.
- Managing and maintaining the appearance of the theater, lobby, coat room and restrooms.
- Overseeing public safety and emergency procedures as needed.
- Completing performance reports during every shift.
- Organizing program booklets and stuffers before and after shows.
- Setting up and taking down of tables and chairs, as needed.
- Supervising volunteer ushers.
- May need to lift up to 40 pounds.
Communicating and problem-solving with front of house and production staff.
If interested, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Metropolis Performing Arts Centre provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.