Audience Experience Manager
Audience Experience Manager
The Audience Experience Manager manages our growing usher program including our student usher program. They will serve as the Audience Experience lead for the Steppenwolf for Young Audiences productions and will support the Front of House Manager in the supervision and training of 20+ part time staff. The position splits time between departmental administration (80%) and house management (20%).
Areas of Responsibility:
Volunteer Usher Manager and Coordinator
- Manages our growing volunteer usher program
- Actively recruits new volunteers
- Works with Saints coordinators to sign-up Saints ushers
- Oversees our non-saint automated usher booking process in collaboration with Audience Services
- Collaborates with Education to strengthen our Student Usher Program
- House Manages 1 public performance per week (when SYA is not happening)
SYA Series Lead
- Works with Education to support SYA programming Supervises PT-staff operations for SYA student matinees
- Lead House Manager for SYA student matinees
Part-Time Staff Supervision
- Assists the FoH Manager (PT Staff-Lead) in supervising and training 20+ Part-time staff
- Works with the Front of House Manager and Associate Director of Audience Experience to evaluate PT-staff
- Projects staffing needs and helps with hiring plan
- Approves part-time payroll
- Oversees the maintenance, cleanliness, and upkeep of the Front of House office and break room
- Manages office supply orders
- Prints all schedules and events forms
- Monthly inventories and basic sales reporting
- Bookshop maintenance and stock room management
Successful candidates will have:
- a minimum of one year of experience managing teams in a high-volume customer service environment (preferably in a theatre)
- experience coordinating volunteers
- experience in a retail setting (inventory, stocking, and point of sale implementation)
- experience or interest in cultivating an equitable work environment, which includes use of gender inclusive language; support for individual gender expression, racial equity and inter-generational collaboration; accessibility for people with disabilities; and cultural sensitivity
Salary: $40,000 with excellent benefit package for full time employees, including medical, dental, vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, vacation pay, paid sick time, personal days, Ventra transit benefit program, employee assistance program and 401(k) matching retirement program.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and three references by following this link by 11/7.
NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS PLEASE
Steppenwolf Theatre Company is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Steppenwolf complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We strongly encourage applications from people of color and members of underrepresented groups.