Associate Theatre Agent
ASSOCIATE THEATRE AGENT POSITION
Location: Chicago, IL (Currently Remote)
Job Type: Full-Time
Shirley Hamilton Inc. is looking for a full-time Associate Theatre Agent, with the trajectory toward becoming a licensed agent managing our Theatre Department.
Theatre Duties include:
- Submitting on regional and national breakdowns for Equity & Non-Equity houses, regional/national tours, staged readings, etc.
- Managing talent audition schedules for appointments at various casting offices
- Acting as a liaison between talent and our casting director partners
- Coordinating self-tapes including editing and assisting in the submission process
- Administrative and/or assistive duties while training, including but not limited to assisting with paperwork (billing, contracts, booking sheets, etc.), social media, and other miscellaneous, day-to-day tasks
- Reviewing submissions and conducting new talent interviews
- Answering phones and fielding day-to-day questions (when working in the office)
Additional Duties include:
- We are highly interested in someone who is passionate about Social Media who can assist with the management of Shirley Hamilton’s SM platforms (primarily Instagram & Facebook)
- Scheduling social media posts highlighting talent bookings & aired content
- Designing graphics to accompany social media posts (familiarity with Canva recommended)
- Interacting with talent via comments, stories, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-2 years Administrative experience required
- Preference will be given to candidates with relevant entertainment industry experience
- Social Media proficiency
- The ideal candidate is highly motivated, self-directed and detail-oriented. Should be able to multitask, possesses high energy and a positive attitude, and enjoy working in a collaborative environment
- Has strong interest in seeing Chicago theatre and attending local showcases
- Salary is negotiable based on skill level and industry experience.
- Full time employees receive monthly transportation stipend - when not working from home.
- Health Insurance available
*Position not appropriate for currently active performers.