Associate Director of Education
Chicago Arts Partnerships in Education seeks qualified candidates for the full-time position of Associate Director of Education, Community Programs and Research.
Chicago Arts Partnerships in Education (CAPE) is seeking candidates for the full-time position of Associate Director of Education, Community Programs and Research. The position encompasses two main areas of responsibility: out-of-school time programs and research. The Associate Director will be a key member of the program and research team providing leadership, vision, and strategic planning for CAPE’s programs, research, and public sharing.
Position Description for Associate Director of Education:
Out-of-School Time (OST) Community Programs:
• Oversee reporting requirements to ISBE• Co-plan and lead yearly OST professional development program• Oversee budget for OST programs across multiple schools• Work with CAPE OST staff and school leadership teams to coordinate schedules of artist-teacher programs at OST school sites• Recruit and interview artists with CAPE OST staff• Oversee public sharing of OST work, including exhibitions, events, and online sharing• Develop new partnerships for CAPE OST programs• Attend ISBE meetings
• Work with external research team to develop in-school and OST research goals and plan• Oversee research and evaluation design, research tool development and implementation, and data collection• Support IRB process with external researchers• Grant reporting for multiple program evaluations and research studies annually• Strategize and coordinate research dissemination efforts
Organizational responsibilities and administration:
• Manage full-time staff of three, research assistants, and interns• Support grant writing and reporting• Represent CAPE in various public formats and venues• Meet regularly with CAPE business manager re: fiscal matters
• 3+ years experience in non-profit arts administration a plus• Experience working with public schools preferred• Experience working in arts education and interest in contemporary arts practice desired• Capacity to work collaboratively • Familiarity with human subject research a plus• Must own a car• Bachelor’s degree or higher
• Reports to: Education Director Scott Sikkema• Salary: Commensurate with experience• Schedule: Full-time position, 35 hours/week (including occasional weeknights or Saturday events), with benefits.
Please fill out and attach the requested documents in the google form here.
CAPE is a network of students, teachers, and artists collaborating on inquiry-driven investigations of academic contents and contemporary arts practices. Working together as Artist/Researchers, CAPE partners conduct ongoing collective dialogues and publicly share their work in exhibitions and online formats.
CAPE presently works in three school districts (Chicago; Park Forest-Chicago Heights; West Chicago). CAPE works in public, low-income neighborhood schools in Chicago and the suburbs.