Assistant Tour Manager
Assistant Tour Manager for a nationally touring actor, author and teacher. Primary responsibility is supporting the tour of a one-man play / diversity program, and working closely with actor to execute all business goals including bookings, signings and sales.
- Find opportunities for performance, workshops, & book sales. Researching venues for performance (educational, government, business, performing arts), book stores, reading clubs, organizations, conferences, publications devoted to race/diversity/adoption/identity/biracial issues and multiculturalism.
- Contact potential venues/clients and represent / promote actor's work.
- Write solicitation letters, newsletters, email correspondence, press releases, copy for marketing materials as well as search for opportunities for media exposure of one-man play and self-published book.
- Regularly update website and social networking sites.
- Manage tour schedule, inventory, contact lists, database.
- Troubleshoot technical issues w computer, order office supplies, send designs to printer.
- Assemble packages for marketing, book/DVD sales, solicitation mailings.
- Act as liaison between actor and hosting venues, ensuring all technical needs are met, issue/review contracts & invoices, track payments.
- Consistent / thorough communication with and tracking of leads, clients, press.
- Light bookkeeping.
Required experience with internet research and use of Mac, Apple mail, & Google Workspace.
Preferred experience w/ office management, marketing & development
Familiarity of Photoshop, Daylite, Google Docs.
Must be highly reliable, self-motivated, trustworthy, organized, personable, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Performance or acting background a plus.