Assistant to the Artistic Director/CEO
ASSISTANT TO THE ARTISTIC DIRECTOR/CEO (Full-time)
Red Clay Dance Company is excited to request applications for a new Assistant to the Artistic Director/CEO. The role is a full-time, salaried position, responsible for providing administrative and operational support to our Artistic Director/CEO. Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material. Familiar with a variety of the office management concepts, practices and procedures. Ability to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring that all administrative duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Direct Reports: None
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments for Artistic Director/CEO
- Research and creates presentations for Artistic Director/CEO.
- Produce and distribute correspondence emails, memos, letters, faxes and forms.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports.
- Assist in fundraising efforts and communication tracking in organization’s donor management system.
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Reply to general company email and route as needed to appropriate staff.
- Develop and update administrative systems to make them more efficient.
- Resolve administrative problems.
- Maintain computer and manual filing systems.
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Take accurate minutes of staff meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned..
- Maintain touring company’s calendar, book travel arrangements and communications.
- Act as liaison for the Performing Artivist of the touring company and production staff.
- Order and inventory all touring company costumes, supplies, etc.
- Support the Artistic Director/CEO in elevating the experience of the brand through every RCDC touchpoint, both internal and external.
Traits & Characteristics:
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills, ability to manage multiple projects and identify priorities.
- Exceptional communication, public speaking, active listening, and interpersonal skills.
- Contagious excellence and professionalism.
- Superior written and oral communication skills with a commitment to maintaining Red Clay Dance Company’s unique voice while improving the quality, content and format of all correspondence.
- Ability to manage workflow and plan/coordinate the work of others to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate successfully with stakeholders, patrons, performers, and employees.
- Strong focus on results with an entrepreneurial approach to problem solving.
- Strong sense of personal and professional accountability
The selected candidate should also demonstrate the following competencies:
- Teamwork - Work effectively and productively with others to achieve extraordinary results.
- Flexibility, Resiliency, and Problem- Solving Ability - Agile in responding to change with an ability to analyze, diagnose, and resolve problems.
- Self-Management, Planning & Organizing - Uses logical, systematic, and orderly procedures to create plans, and manages time and priorities for themselves and their team, utilizing effective processes to make decisions, which lead to the achievement of objectives.
Minimum HS Diploma. Proven administrative or assistant experience. Knowledge of office management systems and procedures. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and data entry. Performing Arts background is a plus.
Health Benefit Credit
To Apply: Please submit the following documents in a single PDF document to email@example.com
All materials submitted will be kept confidential. All submissions will be acknowledged.