Assistant to Director / Video Artist
With multiple commercial projects at a time alongside developing artistic films and larger concept art projects, the position is multifaceted.
More about the Director:
Archival sounds of the African-American artistic lexicon paired with sublime, emotive images define the artists oeuvre. He pioneers a new ocular landscape, defining moments where urban masculinity is reimagined as beautiful and vulnerable. He has done commercial work for renowned clients including Apple, Gucci, Lincoln, Marvel, PlayStation, The North Face and W Hotels.
His artistic films have received critical acclaim. Upcoming projects include the curation of a group exhibition in Chicago (details to be announced) and a new artistic film.
The Director's Assistant is an administrator who works closely with the director throughout the production process in all facets of commercial and creative. They are involved at the pre-production stage through to post production. Tasks and pay will vary depending on skill set.
• Transcribing Directors concepts for pitches, projects and ideas for future projects.
• Editing pitch transcripts and making changes and amendments to versions as needed.
• Research for future artistic films and aspects for commercial shoots.
• Drafting letters and correspondence for agency and clients.
• Doing research for grants and awards for artistic and commercial aspects of the business.
• Grant writing.
• Possibility of assisting on set where needed.
• Pulling research images and references.
• Arrange meetings and liaise Director's calendar and necessary tasks.
• Writing and managing budgets for artistic projects.
• Work on liaison of Directors new website.
• Prepare publicity/marketing opportunities and materials where needed.
Must be well organized, flexible, and have a good overview of the production process. Interest in the arts is preferred.