Assistant Teaching Artist
At Hubbard Street Dance Chicago, we bring artists, art and audiences together to enrich, engage, and change lives through the experience of dance.
We are seeking emerging teaching artists to join our Education department faculty as Assistant teaching artists (part-time) for our in-school programs. Hubbard Street offers unique and innovative residencies that allow schools to incorporate dance into their classrooms and curricula. Hubbard Street assistant teaching artists receive paid training and mentoring, as well as practical teaching experience. Assistant Teaching artists are responsibilities include attending all workshops and faculty meetings, assist in one – two school programs per trimester, and participating in mentorship meetings with lead faculty and staff.
Professional Development Offered:
• Curriculum Mapping & Lesson Planning
• Assessment in the Dance Classroom
• Adaptive dance
• Teaching choreography and improvisation in a residency program
• Child development
• Social Emotional Learning in the Dance Classroom
• Technique connections in dance residencies
• Trauma Informed teaching practices
• Creating Anti-racist classrooms
• Creating student performances
• Community dance practices
1. Hubbard Street gives preference to candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for equality, diversity and inclusion.
2. Coursework and/or experience teaching in a classroom (non-studio) setting.
3. Course work and/or experience with arts integration.
4. Additional language skills a plus.
5. Ability to travel to various locations and schools in the Chicago area.