Assistant Program Manager - Mayfair Arts Center & Rhythm World
About Us: Chicago Human Rhythm Project (CHRP) presents percussive arts in performance, education, and community development programs throughout Chicago throughout the year. CHRP opened the Mayfair Arts Center (MAC) in 2022 as a public-facing arts center providing education programs for children, teens, adults, elders, and the professional arts community. The MAC also serves as an incubator for nonprofit companies and independent artists while preserving the legacy of the Sutton family's Mayfair Academy, which provided arts education and performances to the South Side of Chicago for 63 years.
Rhythm World is the oldest and most comprehensive education and performance festival in the United States dedicated to American tap. Now in its fourth decade, Rhythm World continues to explore the boundaries of education and performance in relation to the history of tap dance and the needs of thecontemporary community.
Job Summary: The position of Assistant Program Manager is a full-time, in-person position that will work directly with the MAC Program Manager, Artistic Director and Founding Director. Assistant Manager will be primarily responsible for providing support with the business development, patron and client relations, execution of projects, programs, and events and play an essential role in assisting with managing the daily operations of the MAC facility.
● Support business and revenue development through relationship building and management
● Respond to partnership, residency, and studio rental inquiries, provide tours, and orient partners and renters before the rental period begins
● Ensure studio usage guidelines are adhered to
● Effectively, quickly, and respectfully address concerns of current/prospective clients or partners
● Monitor communication channels and interact with with our community via phone, emails and other social media channels
● Liaise with RW festival venues, production manager and artists in coordination with FD and AD
● Organize travel, hotel and itineraries for festival artists
● Oversee front desk, handling contracts, fee payments, and enrollment
● Keep accurate records of attendance at classes, events, and workshops
● Monitor CHRP/MAC/RW Social Media Platforms and work with CHRP Marketing and Development Coordinator as well as MAC Resident Partners to generate Social Media content
● Oversee the daily cleaning and maintenance of MAC studios, dressing rooms, and lobby
● Additional tasks as needed
Requirements of Eligible Candidates:
● This position includes weekday afternoon/evening and weekend daytime hours primarily
● One year of customer service experience (required)
● Experience with Arts Administration, MindBody Software, and Constant Contact or equivalent software applications (required)
● Experience using Microsoft Office and Google Drive (required)● Experience with Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter (required)
● Strong written and verbal communication skills (required)
● Excellent time management skills, a problem solver, and ability to multitask
● Must be able to move up to 40 pounds for special events and other various needs
● Salary range $35,000 – $42,000
● Seven (7) paid holidays and vacation after six (6) months as defined in the employee manual
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com.