Assistant Master Electrician
Lookingglass Theatre Company, a nationally recognized ensemble theatre company located in Chicago Illinois, seeks an experienced and enthusiastic Assistant Master Electrician for our 2019-2020 Season. Lookingglass Theatre Company is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetics, or status as an individual with a disability. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
Working in conjunction with the Master Electrician, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist with Prep, Hang, Focus, Practical wiring, and Paperwork
- Oversee electrics crew of 2-10 people
- Complete daily Notes calls and channel checks as instructed by Master Electrician and Lighting Design Team during tech and previews.
- Collaborate with Equity Assistant Stage Managers for safe, effective use and storage of practicals and other deck crew tracked electrics items
- Ion Programming
- Maintain a clean and orderly booth and catwalk area
- Supervise correct usage of Fall Arrest System during electrics calls. Training to be provided by Lookingglass.
Minimum Required Experience:
- 2 years of electrics experience at collegiate level or higher
- Intermediate Soldering
- Intermediate to Advanced Ion Programming Skills
- Basic knowledge of DC power
- This is a physical job requiring the ability to lift up to 50 pounds, climb stairs repeatedly and work at height
Ideal Candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to excel in fast-paced, quickly changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Dates as follows:
The Steadfast Tin Soldier
Monday October 14, 2019 - November 3, 2019
Her Honor: Jane Byrne
Monday February 3, 2020 - March 7, 2020
Monday April 20, 2020 - May 28, 2020
This position is paid $16.48/hour and will require weekend availability. OT eligible after 40hrs/week. This is a nonexempt, temporary position.
Qualified applicants may apply for the season or for specific shows. Positions will be filled based on experience and availability. Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and three references to Rachel Lake at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ASSISTANT MASTER ELECTRICIAN in the subject line. Applications will be accepted through July 3, 2019. No phone calls please.