Assistant Manager of Visitor Services- International Museum of Surgical Science
Assistant Manager of Visitor Services
The International Museum of Surgical Science is looking to fill the Assistant Manager of Visitor Services role. The position is full-time; weekends and evenings are required. The Assistant Manager reports to the Museum’s Manager.
The Visitor Services Assistant is a key player in all public-facing operations of the Museum. The Assistant will facilitate the front desk operations of the Museum, including selling admission tickets, gift shop items, promoting memberships and volunteer programs, and being an ambassador for the Museum. Additional tasks include marketing, fundraising, outreach, event coordination, and other duties as assigned, along with the opportunity to learn overall museum operations. Weekends and some evenings are required.
- Daily operations of the front desk, including opening and closing the Museum, customer service interactions, and handling merchandise and payments.
- Assisting with Museum marketing, fundraising, and outreach, particularly through social media
- Staffing special events, coordinating caterers and outside vendors, and greeting guests
- Additional tasks as needed
- Salary is 33k, full benefits, incentive plan, and a performance review after 3 months of employment
The Most successful candidates will have the following experience and qualifications:
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Previous experience working in a museum or customer service preferred
- Time-efficient, organized, dependable, team player, detail-oriented
- Outgoing with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to communicate effectively with visitors and other staff members
- Ability to work independently; self-motivated and able to multitask
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and G-Suite
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com. Additional portfolio materials accepted. No phone calls. Background check required.