Assistant Manager of Events and Programs
The International Museum of Surgical Science is seeking a dynamic, motivated, dependable, sales-oriented individual to book events and create programs. The Assistant Manager of Events and Programs is an entry level position with on-the-job training. Previous customer sales experience helpful.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Assistant Manager of Events and Programs include:
- Events and Programming
- Manage event and program inquiries, initiating contracts as needed
- Program development
- Promote venue bookings
- Create and design email newsletters to promote events, tours, and gift shop merchandise
- Manage social media accounts, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tiktok
- Create new social media content
- Manage website content and updates
- Coordinate with brochure printers and manage brochure distribution
- Develop advertising materials
- Respond to media inquiries
- Visitor Service
- Process Walk-In and Gift Shop transactions using our Point of Sale system
- Receive Gift Shop merchandise and create store displays
- Market store products
- Find new products to bring into the giftshop
- Package and mail online orders
- Give occasional tours to school groups
- Weekend and evening hours required
- Computer and office skills
- Excellent communications skills
Salary and benefits:
-Salary commensurate on experience with a performance review after 3 months of employment.
-5% commission of each event booking as an incentive program
-Coverage for medical, vision, dental, and life insurance after 30 days of employment
-10% of gross salary will be funded to a SEP/IRA after one year of full-time employment.
-Life insurance will be twice your annual salary with a cap of $100,000
-Two weeks vacation time for the first 5 years of employment, then three weeks
-Ten sick days and two personal days per year
-You will be paid for major holidays including Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas, New Years Eve and New Years Day
To apply for this position please email a resume with references, cover letter, and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lindsey Herbert, email@example.com
The International Museum of Surgical Science does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.